Caitlin Kittredge has posted the cover for her Subterrean Press novella, The Curse of Four, that is being released this Fall as well as for the next Black London novel, Devil’s Business, releasing August 30th. This is only one of many fabulous covers that have been popping up. For all the new covers, I’ve added them to the FB album.
- Abigail and Julia from All Things Urban Fantasy – Paranormal Haven
- Allison Pang, author of A Brush of Darkness – Smexy Books
- Ashlyn Chase, author of The Werewolf Upstairs – Bitten by Books
- Ben Aaronovitch, author of Midnight Riot – Suvudu
- Carrie Ryan, author of The Dead-Tossed Waves – Suvudu
- Chris Marie Green, author of The Path of Razors – Suburban Vampire
- Daniel Abraham, author of The Dragon’s Path – Suvudu
- Deborah Harkness, author of A Discovery of Witches – Wicked Little Pixie
- Diana Gabaldon, author of An Echo in the Bone – Lauren Williams
- Diane Duvall, author of Darkness Dawns – Patricia’s Vampire Notes
- Donna Grant, author of Wicked Highlander – Cynthia Eden’s blog
- Jana Oliver, author of The Demon Trapper’s Daughter – Confessions of a Bookaholic
- Jenna Black, author of Shadowspell – Good Choice Reading
- JF Lewis, author of Crossed – Amberkatze’s Book Blog
- Karen Mahoney, author of The Iron Witch – Book Chick City
- Kim Harrison, author of Pale Demon – Lit Fest Magazine
- Kimberly Frost, author of Halfway Hexed – Bitten by Books
- Kresley Cole, author of Dreams of a Dark Warrior – Borders True Romance
- Lilith Saintcrow, author of Taken – Paranormal Romance
- Lisa Papademetriou, author of Siren’s Storm – From the Shadows
- Melissa de la Cruz, author of Bloody Valentine – Patricia’s Vampire Notes
- Michelle Rowen, author of Nightshade – Dark Faerie Tales and Bitten by Books
- Monica Burns, author of Assassin’s Heart – Babbling About Books
- Nancy Holzner, author of Hellforged – Falcata Times
- Regan Hastings, author of Visions of Magic – Dark Faerie Tales
- Tracey O’Hara, author of Death’s Sweet Embrace – Paperback Dolls, Dark Faerie Tales, Wicked Little Pixie and Amberkatze’s Book Blog
- Yasmine Galenorn, author of Blood Wyne – Books Make Me Happy
Shiloh Walker is trying to get the word out about, and raise money for, a Congolese minister who has been doing some amazing things for his country. As an incentive to help, Shiloh is offering a fabulous ARC priza package to readers and bloggers.
In your lifetime, there are few moments when you’re given the opportunity to directly save another person’s life. – Bryan Mealer, HuffPo
If you had a chance to save somebody’s life, and it didn’t take all that much… would you do it? Well, here’s that chance.
Check out Shiloh Walker’s blog for a chance to read how you can help save a man’s life…
Orbit has revealed the new cover for Gail Carrigers next Alexia Tarabotti/Soulless novel, Heartless, and I have to say I’m not digging it. What is up with the model? Supposedly it’s the same model as the previous covers, but the hair just makes it seem like it’s a “create your own cover” contest entry. Heartless hits shelves.
Chloe Neill has posted the blurb for the fifth Chicagoland Vampires novel, Drink Deep:
Clouds are brewing over Cadogan House, and recently turned vampire Merit can’t tell if this is the darkness before the dawn or the calm before the storm. With the city itself in turmoil over paranormals and thestate threatening to pass a paranormal registration act, times haven’tbeen this precarious for vampires since they came out of the closet.
If only they could lay low for a bit, and let the mortals calm down.
That’s when the waters of Lake Michigan suddenly turn pitch black-and things really start getting ugly.
Chicago’s mayor insists it’s nothing to worry about, but Merit knows only the darkest magic could have woven a spell powerful enough to change the very fabric of nature. She’ll have to turn to friends old and new to find out who’s behind this, and stop them before it’s too latefor vampires and humans alike.
Tor.com just finished up a week dedicated to the Caped Crusader with a ton of articles revolving around the films, novels and comics – both young and old. If you’re a fan, I would definitely check it out.
Diana Pharaoh Francis has posted an excerpt from the next Horngate Witches novel, Shadow City, which will be released.
Orbit has posted an excerpt from Jay Wells’ next Sabina Kane novel, Green-Eyed Demon, as well as a contest for a complete set of Sabina Kane novels. The contest ends February 10th and is only open to the US, UK, Australia and New Zealand areas. Green-Eyed Demon will be released.
The Winter 2011 edition of Subterranean Magazine has been published and there are quite a few good stories nestled inside. For instance, you can find Caitlín R. Kiernan’s The Melusine as well as KJ Parker’s A Small Price to Pay for Birdsong.