I’m not familiar with the Poison Diaries series by Maryrose Wood, but the cover for the second novel, Nightshade, has totally caught my eye. It’s just so pretty. The first novel in the series, The Poison Diaries, will be out June 21st. This is only one of many fabulous covers that have been popping up. For all the new covers, I’ve added them to the FB album.
- Becca Ritchie, author of The Sublimity – Ellz Readz
- Cara Chow, author of Bitter Melon – Dark Faerie Tales
- Carolyn Crane, author of Double Cross – My Bookish Ways
- Darynda Jones, author of First Grave on the Right – Tygna’s Reviews
- David C, RT Mr. Romance Competitor – Wicked Little Pixie
- DeLonn, RT Mr. Romance Competitor – Wicked Little Pixie
- Gwen Hayes, author of Second Son of a Duke – Tygna’s Reviews
- Heather Kuehl, author of Malevolent Dead – Bitten by Books
- Heather Massey, author of Once Upon A Time In Space – Biopunk Reader
- Jennifer Ashley, author of Primal Bonds – Bitten by Books
- Jeremy, RT Mr. Romance Competitor – Wicked Little Pixie
- Jim C Hines, author of Red Hood’s Revenge – Booklife
- Kash, RT Mr. Romance Competitor – Wicked Little Pixie
- Kate Griffin, author of The Neon Court: Or, the Betrayal of Matthew Swift – Book Chick City
- Kresley Cole, author of Dreams of a Dark Warrior – Tynga’s Reviews
- Nicole Peeler, author of Tempest’s Legacy – Richelle Mead’s Blog
- Paige Tyler, author of Not The Man She Thought – Patricia’s Vampire Notes
- Peter V. Brett, author of Desert Spear – SF Signal
- Shannon Delaney, author of Secrets and Shadows – Deadline Dames
- Tamara Hogan, author of Taste Me – Anna’s Book Blog
The Spring 2011 issue of Subterranean Online has been published. Inside, you’ll find a new novelette from Tobias Bucknell and Paolo Bacigalupi set in the same world as their The Executioness and The Alchemist.
Terry Spear has a ton of books available over on Amazon for $.99 and I’m loving it. I am a huge impulse buyer and these types of deals totally make me weak. Check out these fabulous titles – Vampiric Calling, Seducing the Huntress, The Siren’s Lure and Goddess in Training.
The severed head marked by a distinctive tattoo on its cheek should have been a Guild case, but dark instincts honed over hundreds of years of life compel the vampire Dmitri to take control. There is something twisted about this death, something that whispers of centuries long past…but Dmitri’s need to discover the truth is nothing to the vicious strength of his response to the hunter assigned to decipher the tattoo.
Savaged in a brutal attack that almost killed her, Honor is nowhere near ready to come face to face with the seductive vampire who is an archangel’s right hand, and who wears his cruelty as boldly as his lethal sensuality…the same vampire who has been her secret obsession since the day she was old enough to understand the inexplicable, violent emotions he aroused in her.
As desire turns into a dangerous compulsion that might destroy them both, it becomes clear the past will not stay buried. Something is hunting…and it will not stop until it brings a blood-soaked nightmare to life once more…
I love omnibus editions and there was one that was just released that I can’t wait to get my hands on. Lilith Saintcrow’s Dante Valentine includes all five novels from the series, and for anyone who hasn’t read them yet, you really should. I love Japh.
Jim C. Hines has posted a snippet from his story Corrupted, which will appear in a new anthology titled The Modern Fae’s Guide to Surviving Humanity. There is also a snippet to his story Libriomancer, which will be the first novel in his new Magic Ex Libris series releasing in 2012.
For those who are eagerly awaiting HBO’s Game of Thrones, they’ve released the official poster. What do you think?
GoodReads is giving away…
- 10 copies of Tony Hays’ The Beloved Dead, which ends March 22nd.
- 5 copies of Alex Bledsoe’s Dark Jenny, which ends April 9th.
- A copy of Ashley Knight’s Fins, which ends March 11th.
- 5 copies of Kate Pearce’s Blood of the Rose, which ends March 13th.
- 2 copies of LA Weatherly’s Angel Burn, which ends March 14th.
- 10 copies of John Scalzi’s Fuzzy Nation, which ends April 10th.
- A copy of Tera Lynn Childs’ Fins Are Forever, which ends April 18th.
- 15 copies of the anthology Teeth, which ends March 15th.
- A copy of Jennifer Lyon’s Night Magic, which ends March 21st.
- 3 copies of Suzanne MacLeod’s The Cold Kiss of Death, which ends April 16th.
- 6 copies of Aprilynne Pike’s Illusions, which ends April 24th.
- 6 copies of Tara Hudson’s Hereafter , which ends May 23rd.
- 5 copies of Nancy Holder’s Possessions, which ends March 15th.
- 2 copies of Mark Henry’s Road Trip of the Living Dead, which ends April 1st.