Ilona Andrews has posted an excerpt from their upcoming novella, Magic Dreams, which will be released in the Hexed anthology on June 7th. Alright, I may have posted this already, but it has Dali and it’s a good size excerpt. *grin*
KT Grant has a fabulous new cover. Sweet and Sinful is a new omnibus edition of two of her stories – For the Love of Mollie and The Claiming of Suzy. Another fabulous cover is the one for Carrie Lofty’s new series, which begins on September 27th with Flawless. These are only two of many fabulous covers that have been popping up. For all the new covers, I’ve added them to the FB album for your viewing pleasure.
- Gini Koch, author of Alien in the Family – Ramblings From a Chaotic Mind and The Iztel Library
- Jackie Gambler, author of Redheart – Amberkatze’s Book Blog
- Jennifer Estep, author of Tangled Threads – Ellz Readz and Dangerous Romance
- Lili St. Crow, author of Defiance – SmartPop Books
- Nalini Singh, author of Kiss of Snow – Supernatural Snark
- Tony-Paul Vissage, author of Vampires are Forever – Amberkatze’s Book Blog
- Tracey Deebs, author of Tempest Rising – Bitten by Books
Tez Says has found a few new publishing deals that were announced recently, which includes new series by Kelley Armstrong and Kat Richardson.
Are you planning on going to the Book Expo America? Want to know who else will be going? Dark Faerie Tales is currently showcasing various authors who will be roaming the Expo in New York City at the end of the month. Here’s who will be there: Kiki Hamilton, Cinda Williams Chima, Carrie Vaughn, Carrie Jones, Melissa Marr and Maryrose Wood.
Ilona Andrews is, of course, just made of awesome. They are giving away a bunch of their author copies (I want to say all of them) and they are giving them away to libraries only. With all the budget cuts affecting libraries across the country, they are trying to ease it a little by giving a few titles away. So if you know of a library who could use a few great UF titles, make sure they see this post.
Methinks this fall’s lineup is going to include a bunch of shows with fairy tale elements. Blastr is reporting that ABC has just picked up a show called Once Upon a Time, which stars Jennifer Morrison as Emma, who may be the missing daughter of Prince Charming and Snow White.
Jaye Wells and Nicole Peeler are doing a 5 city tour that will be taking place in Texas and Louisiana. If you happen to be in one of those areas, then I could check out the schedule and crash the signings. *grin*
The Examiner has a closer look at NBC’s new fairy tale urban fantasy, Grimm.
Anya Bast is talking about the new world she is getting ready to build since her Dark Magick series will be ending with Midnight Enchantment. Wait a minute….the title of the fourth Dark Magick series was announced. *grin* We’ll have Midnight Enchantment February 7, 2012. At least, this is the first I’ve seen the title mention.
Karen Marie Moning is sharing some fan artwork that was done for Shadowfever. Check out this scene where the Seelie and Unseelie armies meet in Dublin and no, it’s not censored in the original piece. *grin* Moning also gives an update on her official graphic novel, Fever Moon: the Fear Dorcha.
Jess Haines is giving away two novels from her backlist. Ends May 21st.
GoodReads is giving away:
- 10 copies of Phoenix Rising by Philippa Ballantine (Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences, #1) – ends May 17th
- 15 copies of Steelhands by Jaida Jones, Danielle Bennett – ends May 25th
- 10 copies of The Way of the Wizard by John Joseph Adams (Editor) – ends May 31st.
- 6 copies of Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini (Starcrossed #1) – ends TONIGHT
- 6 copies of Cryptic Cravings by Ellen Schreiber (Vampire Kisses #8) – ends TONIGHT
- A copy of Sinful Magic by Jennifer Lyon (Wing Slayer Hunters #4) – ends May 30th
- 2 copies of The Vampire Stalker by Allison van Diepen – ends May 30th
- 2 copies of A Touch of Crimson by Sylvia Day (Renegade Angels #1) – ends August 31st.
- A copy of The Faerie Ring by Kiki Hamilton (The Faerie Ring #1) – ends May 31st
- A copy of In the Forests of the Night by Kersten Hamilton (Goblin Wars #2) – ends November 19th.
Yasmine Galenorn is having a contest, but for what I’m not really sure. More than likely it’s a book and the contest ends Monday. So go enter.