As if anyone needs a reason to run to their favorite bookstore, check out all the fabulous titles that have hit the shelves today. There’s a ton of great authors here…why are you still reading this, go to the bookstore now! *grin*
- Wicked Pretty Things: 13 Dark Faerie Romances an anthology featuring Francesca Lia Block, Jackson Pearce, Karen Mahoney, Rachel Caine, Lisa Mantchev, Sharon Ashwood and Seanan McGuire
- Half Blood by Jennifer Armentrout (Covenant #1)
- Red Velvet and Absinthe by Mitzi Szereto
- Frost by Marianna Baer
- Yours, Mine, and Ours by MaryJanice Davidson
- Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst
- Fateful by Claudia Gray
- Away by Teri Hall (The Line #2)
- Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay
- After Obsession by Carrie Jones and SE Wedel
- Undead by Isabella Kruger (Ever After #1)
- Banished by Sophie Littlefield
- So Silver Bright by Lisa Mantchev (Theatre Illuminata #3)
- Queen of the Sylphs by LJ McDonald
- Darkness on Fire by Alexis Morgan
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- Dreamland by Alyson Noël (Riley Bloom)
- New York to Dallas by JD Robb
- As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott
- The Shadowing: Hunted by Adam Slater
- Seed by Rob Ziegler
- Blood and Other Cravings an anthology featuring Elizabeth Bear, Richard Bowes, Kathe Koja, Margo Lanagan, Carol Emshwiller, and Lisa Tuttle
When we think of vampires, instantly the image arises: fangs sunk deep into the throat of the victim. But bloodsucking is merely one form of vampirism. For this brilliantly original anthology, Ellen Datlow has commissioned stories from many of the most powerfully dark voices in contemporary horror, who conjure tales of vampirism that will chill readers to the marrow.
In addition to the traditional fanged vampires, Datlow presents stories about the leeching of emotion, the draining of the soul, and other dark deeds of predation and exploitation, infestation, and evisceration…tales of life essence, literal or metaphorical, stolen.
Seventeen stories, by such award-winning authors as Elizabeth Bear, Richard Bowes, Kathe Koja, Margo Lanagan, Carol Emshwiller, and Lisa Tuttle will petrify readers. With dark tales by Laird Barron, Barry Malzberg and Bill Pronzini, Kaaron Warren, and other powerful voices, this anthology will redefine the terror of vampires and vampirism.
- The Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon
Their love was meant to be.
When Megan Rosenberg moves to Ireland, everything in her life seems to fall into place. After growing up in America, she’s surprised to find herself feeling at home in her new school. She connects with a group of friends, and she is instantly drawn to darkly handsome Adam DeRÍs.
But Megan is about to discover that her feelings for Adam are tied to a fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that brought them together could be their ultimate destruction.
- The Isle of Blood by Rick Yancy (Monstrumologist)
An old friend of Dr. Warthrop’s comes asking for help to track down Warthrop’s colleague, the sociopathic Dr. John Kearns. At first, Warthrop is reluctant to help—until he learns that Kearns may possess information leading to a creature widely regarded as the Holy Grail of monstrumology: an organism so rare and elusive that it has never been killed, captured, or even observed in the wild.
Dr. Warthrop can’t resist the challenge, and soon he and Will Henry are off on another hellish quest, this time to the bizarre island of Socotra, home to some of the strangest flora and fauna in the world. And it’s on Socotra that Will Henry comes face-to-face with the most horrific creature yet—and he just may pay the ultimate price for his master’s ambition.