Ilona Andrews has posted a really long excerpt (possibly chapter 2) of Andrea’s novel, Gunmetal Magic.
Shiloh Walker has posted an excerpt from her new release, Locked in Silence.
- Alma Katsu, author of The Taker – Paperback Dolls
- Angelina Kace, author of Descended by Blood – Tynga’s Reviews
- Claudia Gray, author of Fateful – The Book Smugglers
- Deborah Court, author of Bound to the Prince – Sidhe Vicious Reviews
- Emma Raveling, author of Whirl – Sidhe Vicious Reviews
- Erin Kellison, author of Shadowman – Parajunkee’s View
- Gena Showalter, author of Lord of the Vampires – The Book Pushers
- Jennifer Estep, author of Spider’s Revenge – Kelsey’s Book Corner, Books & Things, Shia McKye’s Thoughts
- Jeri Smith-Ready, author of Shift – Larissa’s Bookish Life, Eileen Cook’s blog
- Jessica Andersen, author of Lord of the Wolfyn – The Book Pushers
- Jill Monroe, author of Lord of Rage – The Book Pushers
- Kailin Gow, author of Midnight Frost – Parajunkee’s View
- Karen Kincy, author of Bloodborn – Dark Faerie Tales
- Karin Harlow, author of Enemy Mine – Dark Faerie Tales
- Keri Arthur, author of Darkness Unbound – Suvudu
- Laura Burns, author of Crave – Dark Faerie Tales
- Laura Kaye, author of Hearts in Darkness – Parajunkee’s View
- Linda Poitevin, author of Sins of the Angels – Dark Faerie Tales
- Marie Treanor, author of Awakening Beauty – Shiloh Walker’s blog
- Mark Stone, author of Things to Do in Denver When You’re Un-Dead – Parajunkee’s View
- Melissa Marr, author of Enthralled: Paranormal Diversions – Hypable, Yaps
- Nalini Singh, author of Lord of the Abyss – The Book Pushers
- Nina Malkin, author of Swear – Parajunkee’s View
- Rachel Vincent, author of Blood Bound – Chasing Words
- Rebecca York, author of Dark Warrior – Parajunkee’s View
- Regan Hastings, author of Visions of Skyfire – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Sandy Williams, author of The Shadow Reader – Dark Faerie Tales
- Scott Nicholson, author of What Fears Become: An Anthology from The Horror Zine – Rex Robot Reviews
- Stehpanie Chong, author of Where Demons Fear to Tread – Dark Faerie Tales
- Theresa Meyers, author of The Hunter – Dark Faerie Tales
- Trinity Faegan, author of The Mephisto Covenant – Parajunkee’s View
- Vivian Arend, author of Black Gold – Larissa’s Bookish Life
- Yvonne Navarro, author of Concrete Savior – Dark Faerie Tales
There are always more fabulous covers that have been popping up. To see them all, head over to facebook, where I’ve added them to the FB album for your viewing pleasure.
Wicked Little Pixie has a fabulous rant going that all newbie bloggers should read. If you want a quick synopsis – no it is not alright to beg authors for books. Especially in a very public, not very professional, setting like Twitter or Facebook. Seriously.
Speaking about the Wicked Little Pixie, she’s getting together with Synde and Mark Henry for a Book Club of the Damned and their first novel is Tyra Banks’ Modelland.
No one gets in without being asked. And with her untamable hair, large forehead, and gawky body, Tookie De La Crème isn’t expecting an invitation. Modelland—the exclusive, mysterious place on top of the mountain—never dares to make an appearance in her dreams.
But someone has plans for Tookie. Before she can blink her mismatched eyes, Tookie finds herself in the very place every girl in the world obsesses about. And three unlikely girls have joined her.
Only seven extraordinary young women become Intoxibellas each year. Famous. Worshipped. Magical. What happens to those who don’t make it? Well, no one really speaks of that. Some things are better left unsaid.
Thrown into a world where she doesn’t seem to belong, Tookie glimpses a future that could be hers—if she survives the beastly Catwalk Corridor and terrifying Thigh-High Boot Camp. Or could it? Dark rumors like silken threads swirl around the question of why Tookie and her new friends were selected . . . and the shadows around Modelland hide sinister secrets.
Are you ready? Modelland is waiting for you. . . .
Personally, my interest in Modelland is way below nil, but I’m not interested enough to see what Nat, Mark and Synde have to say come October.
Rex Robot Reviews is giving away an ARC of Chloe Neill’s Drink Deep – ends October 5th.
Angie Fox is giving away a book a day on her new Facebook page.
Tor/Forge is giving away a prize bundle featuring authors Marie Brennan, Lev AC Rosen, and George Mann – ends September 26th.
Maria Snyder is giving away an ARC of her upcoming novel, Touch of Power – ends October 22nd.
The Book Pushers are giving away a copy of Jill Monroe’s Lord of Rage – ends September 30th.
Kelly Meding is giving away three ARCs of her upcoming release, Trance – ends September 30th.