Black Friday is here and we’re discussing the season with Cynthia Eden’s Nicole St. James from Angel of Darkness.
As an angel of death, Keenan’s job is to collect the souls on his list. He’s carried out his duty for two thousand years and never faltered once. Until he meets Nicole St. James. When the moment of death comes, Keenan hesitates, and instead of taking Nicole, Keenan touches the vampire who’s attacking her.
Cast out of heaven for disobedience, Keenan plummets to earth. Six months later, he finally manages to track Nicole to a bar in Mexico. He’s stunned to discover that the woman he remembers has undergone a dramatic change—she’s become a vampire. And when he realizes that she’s the target of all manner of enemies—other vampires, demons, even shifters—he’ll do whatever it takes to protect her, even if all hell breaks loose…
Make sure you stick around to the end. We’ll be giving away a copy of Angel of Darkness.
It begins in darkness. Long before the faint light of dawn creeps across the sky, the brave are already out. Many are fighting. Rushing as desperately as they can in search of their most valued treasures.
Oh, yes, it’s Black Friday fun.
Black Friday is usually thought of as the “kick-off” for the holiday shopping season. The pros get going—and they go out strong. “Sleep is for the weak”—that’s what we say at my house when we’re talking about Black Friday and shopping mania. Go. Fight. Win. Shop.
Shop to survive. *grin*
But I was wondering…how would a character from my latest book, Angel of Darkness, handle the shopping jungle? I wanted a lady’s take on the shopping fun, so I decided to turn to Nicole St. James, the Angel of Darkness heroine, for some advice. Nicole is just like any other woman, except, well, she’s a vampire. Maybe that will give her a shopping edge? She can always try to scare the other customers away.
So here are my vamp’s 5 rules for holiday shopping:
- Stay nourished. After all, how can you fight the crowds without that sweet, sweet nourishment? A pint or two should do the trick.
- Midnight sales—of course, midnight sales. Are there any others? Why would you ever shop in the daytime? Have you seen the sun? It’s big. It’s bright. Did I mention the bright part?
- Blood, Bath, and Beyond has great deals. Wait, what? Bed, Bath, and Beyond? What the hell is that?
- When you’re stopping for a bite, avoid any and all pizza shops. Why? Garlic, people. Garlic. Even if you’re not a vamp, you don’t want to be around that.
- Don’t be afraid to flash a little fang. After all, a girl’s got to show her tough side. And that last Supernatural DVD? It’s yours. Dean Winchester is your gift to yourself this holiday season.
So…those are Nicole’s tips. Maybe they are helpful…maybe not. But do you have some good tips that you’d like to share? Please do! One commenter will win Angel of Darkness.
Thanks so much for checking out my post! Thanks to the lovely folks at Literary Escapism for having me over today!
Best wishes (and happy holidays!),
Angel of Darkness—Available 11/29/11 from Kensington Brava
When an angel falls, all hell breaks loose…
Meet Cynthia Eden!
Cynthia Eden is the New York Times and USA today best selling author of many paranormal suspense tales, including Eternal Hunter, Midnight Sins and Never Cry Wolf. A native of Alabama, Cynthia graduated at the top of her class from the University of South Alabama. She is a member of Mensa, Sisters in Crime and International Thriller Writers, as well as the Kiss of Death and the Fantasy, Futuristic, & Paranormal Chapters of RWA. Eden was nominated for a RITA Award in 2010 and won a Gayle Wilson Award of Excellence in 2009 and 2010. She lives with her family in Mobile, Alabama.
Readers can visit her web site at www.cynthiaeden.com
The First book in Cynthia Eden’s new Fallen Angels series, Angel of Darkness, came out November 29th. Publishers Weekly praised it, saying “Motorcycle chases, bar fights, and Keenan’s discovery of lust drive this crisp, heart-pounding, smart thriller.”
Want to purchase Cynthia’s novel?
- Angel of Darkness at Amazon | Book Depository
- Angel Betrayed at Amazon | Book Depository (June 26, 2012)
- Hotter After Midnight at Amazon | Book Depository
- Midnight Sins at Amazon | Book Depository
- Midnight’s Master at Amazon | Book Depository
- Eternal Hunter at Amazon | Book Depository
- I’ll Be Slaying You at Amazon | Book Depository
- Eternal Flame at Amazon | Book Depository
- Never Cry Wolf at cAmazon | Book Depository
- Deadly Fear at Amazon | Book Depository
- Deadly Heat at Amazon | Book Depository
- Deadly Lies at Amazon | Book Depository
Thank you Cynthia for taking part in Literary Escapism’s Black Friday!
Contest Time! Cynthia is giving away a copy of Angel of Darkness. To enter, all you have to do is answer this one question: What other rules might Nicole St. James have for shopping on Black Friday? Remember, you must answer the question in order to be entered.
Even though I’m not giving the additional entries any more, you can still help support the author by sharing their article, and this contest, on your blog, Twitter, Facebook, or anywhere you can. After all, the more people who are aware of this fabulous author ensures we get more fabulous stories.
The winner must post a review of the novel someplace. Whether it is on their own blog, Amazon, GoodReads, LibraryThing or wherever, it doesn’t matter. Just help get the word out.
All Black Friday contests will remain open until December 31st at which time I’ll determine the winner with help from the snazzy new plug-in I have. Have you checked out the other Black Friday contests yet? Check out the Master List to see all the Black Friday giveaways
I have not been contacting winners, so you will need to check back to see if you’ve won.