Ilona Andrews has posted a pretty good size excerpt of a work in progress that is not urban fantasy. It’s different from what they are currently working on, but it’s getting a lot of great responses.
Shiloh Walker has an excerpt up from a urban fantasy that she is currently writing. No word on a title or release date.
- Abigail Barnette, author of Long Relief – For What It’s Worth
- Adrian Phoenix, author of Caught Forever Between – Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks
- Allison Pang, author of A Sliver of Shadow – The Qwillery
- Amanda Carlson, author of Blooded – Book Faery
- Bronwyn Green, author of Two for the Shrew – Wicked Lil Pixie Reviews
- Carolyn Crane, author of Head Rush – Simply Ali, Book Faery
- Cat Grant, author of Power Play: Resistance – A Little Bit Tart, A Little Bit Sweet
- Cynthia Eden, author of Angel of Darkness – Simply Ali
- Dana Fredsti, author of Plague Town – Suvudu
- Diana Castilleja, author of A Trust Revealed – Simply Ali
- Eliza Gayle, author of Vampire Awakening – Wicked Lil Pixie Reviews
- Eric Nylund, author of The Resisters – Suvudu
- Gayle Donnelly and Robyn Mackenzie, author of Infinite Betrayal – Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks
- Jade Lee, author of Wedded in Scandal – Simply Ali
- Jaye Wells, author of Violet Tendencies – Simply Ali
- Jeaniene Frost, author of Once Burned – Tynga’s Reviews
- Jessa Slade, author of Darkness Undone – A Little Bit Tart, A Little Bit Sweet
- Jessica Jarman, author of On His Naughty List – Good Choice Reading, Simply Ali
- Joey W Hill, author of Hostile Takeover – Simply Ali
- Kelly Gay, author of Shadows Before the Sun – BookWenches
- L.A. Witt, author of Where There’s Smoke – For What It’s Worth
- Leanna Renee Hieber, author of Darker Still – Simply Ali
- Lynda Hilburn, author of The Vampire Shrink – Vampire Wire
- Malian, from Helen Lowe’s The Gathering of the Lost – Supernatural Underground
- Megan Grooms, author of Love’s Immortal Pantheon Vol. 5 – Good Choice Reading
- Melanie Card, author of Ward Against Death – Red Hot Books, Book Faery
- Melissa Schroeder, author of A Little Harmless Addiction – Simply Ali
- Mia Watts, author of Brass Balls – Smexy Books
- Mina Kahn, author of – Cynthia Eden’s blog
- P.J. Schnyder, author of Hunting Kat – Simply Ali
- Rosalie Lario, author of Heart of the Incubus – That’s What I’m Talking About
- S.A. Price, author of Silk and Steel – Simply Ali
- Samantha Kane, author of Arms of Love – Simply Ali
- Scott Sigler, author of Nocturnal – Suvudu
- Sophie Oak, author of Found in Bliss – Simply Ali, BookWenches
- Stacey Kennedy, author of Demonically Tempted – Red Hot Books, Yummy Men and Kick Ass Chicks
- Suzanne Johnson, author of Royal Street – Book Faery, Deadline Dames
- Teresa D’Amario, author of Lone Wolf – Wicked Lil Pixie Reviews, Red Hot Books
- Tilly Greene, author of Love’s Immortal Pantheon Vol 4 – Simply Ali
- TJ Michaels, author of On the Prowl – Simply Ali
- Trinity Blacio, author of Bound by Witchcraft: Charmed by My Masters – That’s What I’m Talking About
- VM Zito, author of The Return Man – Suvudu
My name is Gin, and I kill people. It’s something I’ve been doing for years as the assassin called Spider, but now, it’s turned into a necessity on my part just to survive all the lowlifes in Ashland who are gunning for me. The underworld is still in turmoil, and I seem to be on everyone’s hit list these days.
To add to Gin’s problems, her lover Owen’s ex is in town. Salina is back in Ashland to reclaim an old family legacy — and she thinks that Owen is hers for the taking. Also in the mix is Phillip Kincaid, a casino owner and all-around shady character who has a mysterious connection to both Owen and Salina.
Salina might seem like a sweet Southern belle, but there’s more to her than meets the eye. Her water elemental magic makes her a dangerous enemy — and someone who can go toe-to-toe with Gin’s Ice and Stone power. But Gin is determined to get to the bottom of Salina’s deadly scheme, even though it just might cost her everything … including Owen.
Shiloh Walker has some fabulous news…she’s just sold two more novels! One of the books is another FBI Psychic titled The Protected, and it’ll feature a character from her February 2013 novel, The Reunited. The second book is slightly different as it’s a full length contemporary tentatively titled Wreck This Life. There’s not much else being said about Wreck This Life, including a release date, but Shiloh has added a small excerpt for those curious.
Blogging by Liza went to one of the recent JR Ward signings and took some great notes. I’m not going to tell you everything she says, but here are a couple of highlights:
- If you’re Blay and Qhuinn fans, rejoice. They are the next novel! Bad news is that it won’t be out until 2013.
- Ward explained some of the things that happened in Lover Reborn, mainly about Tohr.
- And there’s notes about upcoming novellas – Wrath/Beth and Rhage/Mary – that are in the works.
Nalini Singh posted her publishing schedule for 2013 and we’re getting some exciting books next year. We’re getting a Psy/Changing anthology that will include two new novellas as well as two previously published ones and a new Psy/Changing and Guild Hunter novel.
Chloe Neill has posted the title for the seventh Chicagoland Vampires novel, House Rules, which will be out in February 2013.
Allison Pang has an interesting article, asking if Did Buffy Destroy Urban Fantasy, and she makes a few good points. Why was it that kick ass UF heroines weren’t considered good literature prior to the success of Buffy? And why is it okay that they’ve hit the mainstream now?
I have to say, even though I’m a huge Laurell K Hamilton fan, I don’t really read her blog. She tends to make one long paragraphs (or did) and not talk her books all that much. Granted, that’s okay it’s her blog afterall; however, with how long my blog list is, I want book news. Anyway, the point is, since I haven’t been, I’ve been totally out of the loop about her new ebook special, Beauty, which happens to be an extended scene that was cut from her upcoming novel, Kiss the Dead. LKH recently gave a little more detail about Beauty, which releases.