Shiloh Walker has posted a snippet from her August release, Blade Song.
- Gini Koch, author of Alien Diplomacy – Bitten by Books
- Jennifer Estep, author of Dark Frost – Dark Faerie Tales
- Julianna Baggott, author of Pure – Ellz Readz
- Justin Gustainis, author of Evil Dark – Larissa’s Bookish Life
- Kim Harrison, author of A Perfect Blood – Fear.Net,
- Lisa Shearin, author of All Spell Breaks Loose – Dark Faerie Tales
- Marie Treanor, author of Blood Eternal – Tynga’s Reviews
- Marta Acosta, author of Dark Companion – Hundred Book Project
- MaryJanice Davidson, author of Undead and Unstable – Rex Robot Reviews
- Meljean Brook, author of Mina Wentworth and the Invisible City – Limecello
- Rachel Vincent, author of Shadow Bound – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Richelle Mead, author of The Golden Lily – LA Times
- Thea Harrison, author of Devil’s Gate – All Things Urban Fantasy, Dark Faerie Tales,
- Vicki Pettersson, author of The Taken – Vampire Book Club
- Vivian Arends, author of Rocky Mountain Desire – All Things Urban Fantasy, Dark Faerie Tales,
Have you read The Hunger Games? Are you looking for something similar to sink your teeth into? If so, Two Busy Brunettes have come up with a whole list of novels you should check out then. Although I would take some of the titles on the larger list with a grain of salt. They include Anne Bishop’s Black Jewels series, and while it is a fabulous series, I wouldn’t say it’s anything like The Hunger Games.
Tez Says has found five new deals in the publishing world, including a film option for Mira Grant’s Newsflesh trilogy.
Vampire Book Club is auctioning off a bunch of fabulous UF/PNR prizes to help raise money for the Barrow Neurological Institute, who research cancer, especially the most aggressive and uncommon types. All of the auctions will remain open until 11:59pm CST on June 23rd, so there’s plenty of time to get in on the action. Here’s just a sampling of some of the auctions:
- Moira Rogers’ Prize Pack including a year’s worth of ARCs! (15 books)
- Avon Romance Prize Pack with signed books and character names from Jeaniene Frost, Lynsay Sands, Joss Ware & Pamela Palmer (8 books)
- Urban Fantasy Set 1 featuring Jim Butcher, Allison Pang, Jaye Wells, Seanan McGuire, E.S. Moore and Kylie Griffin (8 books)
- Urban Fantasy Set 2 featuring Jess Haines, Barbara Ashford, E.S. Moore, Linda Poitevin, Devon Monk, Stacia Kane & Alma Katsu (8 books)
- YA Prize Pack featuring signed books from Jennifer Estep, Julie Kagawa and more (8 books)
- Romance Prize Pack featuring Meljean Brook, J.A. Saare, Jennifer Estep, more (8 books)
- PNR Prize Pack featuring Laurie London, Shiloh Walker, Lynsay Sands (6 books)
- Plus lots of signed novels by JR Ward, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Liz Maverick, Stacey Jay, Cassie Alexander, Christine Cody, Chris Marie Green, Karina Cooper, Amanda Bonilla, Jenn Bennett, Kristen Painter, Carolyn Crane, and many many more.
Have you seen Parajunkee View’s Blogging 101 series? If not, you really need to check it out. I’m always learning new things whenever I catch one and for anyone just starting out, they are a very valuable resource. Rachel has posted the latest one and this time she’s talking about Spicing Up Your Blog Content.
For having a review site, I’m not a huge review reader (I don’t want to be influenced), so while I have a ton of blogs in my reader (so I can do these posts), I’ve been kind of getting bored with it (not with the news posts, my reader itself). You can only read so many guest author visits and contests posts before you want something more entertaining to read. So I’m joining Parajunkee’s latest Feature & Follow and checking out some of the new blogs that have posted up recently. I’ve already found two blogs I’m unfamiliar with – the co-host Alison Can Read and this weeks feature blogger Candace’s Book Blog.