Quick Reminder: LE has two contests currently open. Have you entered them yet?
- Stephanie Julian has stopped by LE and we’re giving away a copy of Goddess in the Middle – ends July 13th.
- LE is giving away a copy of Bloodlines and an ARC of Golden Lily by Richelle Mead – ends July 13th.
Now on with the news…. Sylvia Day is giving us a peek at her second Crossfire novel, Reflected in You, which comes out in October.
Suvudu has Chapter One of Terry Brooks’ upcoming novel, Wards of Faerie, which comes out August 21st.
Devon Monk is currently publishing an serial, Hang Fire, via some fabulous blogs. Here’s the details:
HANG FIRE is a steampunk short story set in late 1800?s America. It takes place between the Age of Steam book #1, Dead Iron and book #2 Tin Swift. The story is broken into 20 “chapters” and posted, one chapter at a time, on 20 awesome blogs.
Here are the chapters currently available: One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, Seven, Eight, Nine, Ten, Eleven and Twelve. For the complete list of sites to come, click here.
Chloe Neill has posted the first chapter to Biting Cold, which releases in August.
Jocelynn Drake has a couple of stories currently available for $.99 at both Amazon and Barnes & Nobel: Bound to Me, The Dead, the Damned, and the Forgotten and Nightwalker. Plus you can get Drake’s newest story, The Asylum Interviews: Bronx, for $1.99 at both locations.
Vicki Pettersson’s The Scent of Shadows is currently $.99 on Amazon.
Shiloh Walker has posted a snippet from one of JC Daniel’s new novels, Broken Blade, which will be released some time next year.
Lauren Dane has an excerpt up from her Phantom Corps novel, Mesmerized, which is available at all retailers now. Dane also has a snippet from Sway, from the anthology Cherished being released August 7th.
Jeaniene Frost has a couple of novellas for only $1.99 at Amazon and Barnes & Nobel: Happily Never After, Reckoning and Devil to Pay.
- Amanda Bonilla, author of Blood Before Sunrise – Wicked Little Pixie
- Britt Bury, author of The Darkest Day – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Calista Taylor, author of Jack – Dark Faerie Tales
- Caris Roane, author of Obsidian Flame – Book Chick City
- DB Jackson, author of Thieftaker – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Diane Barr, author of Out of the Shade – Amberkatze’s Book Blog
- Felix Palma, author of The Map of Time – Dark Faerie Tales
- Gena Showalter, author of Wicked Nights – Paperback Dolls, Dark Faerie Tales, Gena Showalter,
- Hanna Martine, author of Liquid Lies – The Qwillery
- Jess Haines, author of Stalking the Others – Wicked Little Pixie
- Jocelynn Drake, author of The Asylum Interviews: Bronx – All Things Urban Fantasy, Tynga’s Reviews, A Great Read, Larissa’s Bookish Life,
- Kalayna Price, author of Grave Memory – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Lia Habel, author of Dearly, Beloved – Book Chick City
- Marta Acosta, author of Dark Companion – Suzanne Johnson’s blog,
- Moira Rogers, author of Cipher – The Book Pushers,
- Paula Lynn Johnson, author of The Grave Artist – Ellz Readz
There’s been a title change for Sylvia Day’s second Crossfire novel. Instead of Deeper in You, we’ll have Reflected in You this October.
Fabulous news for Cassie Palmer/Dory Basarab fans….Karen Chance announced that she’s sold two more Cassie novels and another Dory book on her FB page. I’m so excited! This means more Cassie! Plus, the next Dory novel, Fury’s Kiss, comes out in October and now we’ll get to look forward to at least one more.
Rachel Vincent has a wonderful article about e-piracy. You should read it….everyone should read it.
If you’re a fan of Tolkien, Blastr has ten new pics from the upcoming movie, The Hobbit, and we get to see some old friends in it.
There are always more fabulous covers popping up. To see them all, head over to facebook, where I’ve added them to the July album for your viewing pleasure.
Jennifer Estep is having a fabulous deal on her books right now. The first four stories in the Mythos Academy – First Frost, Touch of Frost, Kiss of Frost and Dark Frost – are available as an ebook bundle for the low price of $12.64. The normal list price is $22.99, so this may be a limited time deal. If you’ve been on the edge of trying this series, or obtaining it for your collection, now would be the time to get it. Also, the first two books in her Elemental Assassin series – Spider Bite and Web of Lies – are being offered for $3.99 until July 22nd.
Parajunkee’s View has another edition of her Blogging 101 and this time she’s focusing on To Review a DNF or Not?. Personally, I say hell yeah. This is just me, but I want to see the reviews for books that *you* haven’t finished. For all I know, the reason *you* didn’t like it is why I’m going to totally love it. So yes, I will also post a review for whatever we read. Well, let me clarify….I’m more likely to post a review for a book I didn’t like/finish vs one that I loved. After awhile, you can only say “OMG! Love It!” so much before it becomes repetitious. I also believe it adds credibility to a site. If a site has all positive reviews, then what do I have to compare that to? How can I get a taste of what you like, if yours will gel with mine, if I don’t know what you don’t like? Does that make sense? Honestly, it all comes down to my first point – just because I/you don’t like something, that doesn’t mean someone else won’t love it.
Ann Aguirre is giving away two arcs of her second Razorland novel, Outpost – ends July 13th.
Nalini Singh is giving away three arcs of her next Guild Hunter novel, Archangel’s Storm – ends July 20th.
I love these news posts. Thank you for compiling all the news and upcoming release news. I can’t imagine the work and I rely on these posts to make my calender :)
Just wait for Wednesday. *grin* I have about 80+ new titles that will be added to the new release page to post.