Shiloh Walker/JC Daniels is offering up two snippets from her second Colbana Files novel, Night Blade, which will be released early next year.
- Alex Hughes, author of Clean – Tynga’s Reviews
- Amanda Carlson, author of Full Blooded – Wicked Little Pixie
- Ann Aguirre, author of Endgame – Good Choice Reading
- Gillian Philip, author of Frost Child – Book Chick City
- Jillian Stone, author of A Dangerous Liaison with Detective Lewis – The Book Pushers
- Jocelynn Drake, author of The Asylum Interviews: Trixie – Urban Fantasy Land
- LK Below, author of This Blackened Night – Parajunkee’s View
- Marie Treanor, author of Serafina and the Silent Vampire – Vampire Wire, Cynthia Eden’s Blog,
- Michael P. Spradlin, author of Blood Riders – Vicki Pettersson’s blog (Part One and Two)
- Sarah Beth Durst, author of Vessel – Dark Faerie Tales
- Tom Pollock, author of The City’s Son – Paperback Dolls
There are always more fabulous covers popping up. To see them all, head over to facebook, where I’ve added them to the September album for your viewing pleasure.
Katie MacAlister has unveiled the new series she is working on, which will kick off with Time Thief on May 7, 2013. MacAlister says the series involves my version of Travellers, a group of people who can literally steal time.
And I know I said it was updated when I posted the latest Escapist Newsletter, but I was a little late and NOW the Upcoming Releases page has been updated. There are currently 950+ titles on the list with 446 of them still coming out this year. Of course, 46 of them are listed as “2012” and I’ll be updated that section for the next update in October.
For fans of Leigh Bardugo’s Shadow and Bone, good news. According to EW.com, Dreamworks has picked up the movie rights with David Heyman (who was behind the Harry Potter franchise) producing and overseeing it. In related news, the second novel in the Grisha trilogy, Siege and Storm, will be out June 2013. The final novel will come out the following summer.
Diana Pharaoh Francis has fabulous news. Her Crosspointe Chronicles (The Cipher, The Black Ship, The Turning Tide and The Hollow Crown) and Path (Path of Fate, Path of Honor and Path of Blood) novels are undergoing treatment so they can be put up on Audible.com.
I love anthologies as they are a great way to try new authors. Even better, I love going back to a world I’ve falling in love with and getting to see it from a whole new side. A new anthology, Carniepunk, was just announced and it is so going to combine both of these aspects I love. There are favored authors contributing – Rachel Caine, Jennifer Estep, Kelly Gay, Mark Henry, Jackie Kessler, Kelly Meding, Nicole Peeler and Jaye Wells; but there are authors who’ll not only be new to me, but ones I’ve been wanting to try – Seanan McGuire, Rob Thurman, Delilah Dawson, Kevin Hearne, Hillary Jacques and Allison Pang. Carniepunk, which combines the carnival setting and the world of urban fantasy, will be published in August 2013.