I saw this meme over at Carrie Vaughn’s blog and the whole idea of it makes me want to do it. Here’s the details: Don’t take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you’ve read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.
So here’s my fifteen:
- Amber Flame by Hannah Howell
- The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop
- Charlotte’s Web by EB White
- Dark Elf Trilogy by RA Salvatore (series)
- Daughter of Fire by Quinn Taylor Evans (series)
- Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison (series)
- Full Moon Rising by Keri Arthur (series)
- Grimspace by Ann Aguirre (series)
- Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K Hamilton (series)
- Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost (series)
- Midsummers Night Dream by William Shakespeare
- Outlander by Diana Gabaldon (series)
- Poison Study by Maria Snyder (series)
- Romeo & Juliet by William Shakespeare
- Wicked by Gregory Maguire
These are the ones I’ve gone back and have read multiple times. Typing up this list has made me want to go back and read them again too. Quite a few of these are the beginning of some great series and more often than not, the entire series stays with me just as much as any single novel does. So I’m really including the entire series in this list, but using the first novel as starting point.
These are some really great choices. :) I’ve read a few–Poison Study, the Black Jewels Trilogy, the Shakespeare plays–and I have some on my TBR pile. The Black Jewels Trilogy is definitely one of those series that sticks with you!