I’ve been getting my reading groove back by branching out again with my reading. To continue that trend, this month I’m challenging myself to rediscover at least 3 of the fabulous series I’ve read in the past. Here’s the pool I’m working with so far.
- Sirantha Jax by Ann Aguirre (Endgame)
- Dark Angel by Keri Arthur (Darkness Rising or starting over with Darkness Unbound)
- Women of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong (Personal Demon)
- The Guardians by Meljean Brook (Demon Night)
- Horngate Witches by Diana Pharaoh Francis (Crimson Wind)
- Anita Blake by Laurell K. Hamilton (Hit List)
- Lords of Deliverance by Larissa Ione (Eternal Rider)
- Colbana Files by JC Daniels (Night Blade)
- Katherine “Kitty” Katt by Gini Koch (Alien Proliferation)
- Signs of the Zodiac by Vicki Pettersson (The Taste of Night or starting over with The Scent of Shadows)
- Kitty Norville by Carrie Vaughn (Kitty’s House of Horrors)
- Eileen Wilks (Blood Magic)
Are you out of date as well? What series have you fallen behind on?
In fact, I CHALLENGE YOU to rediscover 2 new series you’ve read in the past this month. Can you do it? Anyone who tries and leaves a link to their review (whether on GoodReads, Amazon, your site, wherever) here in the comments, will be entered to win a random novel from my stack of contest fodder.
This reading challenge is brought to you by the New Authors Reading Challenge 2014. You do not have to be a participant, but if you’re not, why not? I realize the mini-challenge isn’t asking you to read a new author, but we can’t forget about the authors we’ve read either. However, if you’re looking to continue the trend of “new to you” and are all caught up with your favorite series – why not trying a new series by your favorite author? Many of our favorites are stretching their creativity by branching out into YA or other worlds. For instance, have you tried Vicki Pettersson’s Celestial Blues (The Taken), Rachel Vincent’s Unbound (Blood Bound), and/or Chloe Neill’s Dark Elite (Firespell) series? If not, here’s your alternate challenge to Rediscovering Your Lost Loves.