Calling all book bloggers. Galley Smith is going to try and put together a Book Blogger Convention to occur during the Book Expo American 2010. She’s looking to see who would be interested and getting some general feedback.
- Devyn Quinn, author of Possession, by Anna’s Book Blog
- Diana Peterfreund,author of Rampant, by Angieville
- Pamela Palmer, author of Passion Untamed, at Darque Reviews
- Pamela Palmer, author of the Passion Untamed, by Shapeshifter Romance
- Elizabeth Leiknes, author of The Sinful Life of Lucy Burns, by Patricia’s Vampire Notes
- Annette McCleave, author of Drawn Into Darkness, at SciFiGuy
- Gena Showalter, author of The Darkest Whisper, at Nalini Singh
- Jeanne Stein, author of Retribution, by Vampire Wire
- Leanna Renee Heiber, author of The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker, at the Book Smugglers
- Rachel Vincent, author of My Soul to Take, at Harlequin’s Paranormal Romance Blog
Jeaniene Frost is celebrating the release of her new anthology Unbound with lots of extras. She has the first chapter up for her story, The Reckoning; plus some research notes on where the plot idea came from.
SciFiGuy has some cover art to show off. The first one is for Sarah McCarty’s Caleb, which releases October 2009. The second one is for an anthology called Winter Moon that features Mercedes Lackey, CE Murphy and Tanith Lee. Winter Moon releases October 1, 2009.
John at Grasping for the Wind has completed the second edition of his SF/F/H Reviewer Linkup Meme. Basically, this is the list to peruse if you’re looking for the hottest and best speculative fiction review blogs on the internet. Ideally, I’m suppose to showcase it by posting all the links (and there are many), but I’m not doing that. Instead, I’m devoting an entire page to the list so it’ll always be handy in my sidebar. If you’re not on the list, why not? Head over to John’s blog and add your own website to the list if it is not already included. Make sure you let me know as well and I’ll get you added to my page too.
SciFiGuy has another great Weekend Report on UF/PNR/etc news and where he found this, I’m not sure. However, it was revealed that Rachel Caine is working on the next Morganville Vampire novel, which is titled Kiss of Death.
I missed it on Twitter, but Kelley Armstrong announced the titles for Women of the Otherworld #11 and #12!! These two books are going to be focused on Savannah and will be titled Waking the Witch and Spellbound. Waking the Witch will be released sometime in August 2010 and I’m sure we’ll have at least 6 months before we’ll get Spellbound. Tez Says found a blurb for Waking the Witch, so head over to check it out.
Correction: Ilona Andrews has posted a snippet from Magic Burns. The best part, the snippet is from Curran’s point of view. I love it when Curran talks.
Diana Pharaoh Francis has announced the title to the fourth Crosspointe novel. The Hollow Crown will be released in June 2010.
- Renee’s Book Addiction is giving away two books – winners choice (from a selection including UF & PNR). Contest ends August 31st.
- Avon is giving away a complete library of all of Jeaniene Frost’s books.
- Rachel from What I Am Reading has a bunch of links to more contest.
- Mark Henry is giving away a copy flat for Happy Hour of the Damned. Contest ends August 28th.
- Bitten by Books is having a release party for Molly Harper by giving away signed copies of her books. Contest ends
- PC Cast is giving away House of Night stuff for the HoN Inspired Art contest. Contest ends Oct 1st.
- Ann Aguirre is giving away NINE ARCS of Skin Game. Contest ends August 27th.
- SciFiGuy has a lot of great contests in his Weekend Report
- Kimberly Frost is giving away a copy of Alyssa Day’s Atlantis Rising, Kimberly Frost’s Barely Bewitched and Nina Bangs’ A Taste of Darkness. Contest ends soon.