The news is going to be a little scarce this time. I haven’t had a chance to go through my Google Reader, but I need to get the monkey out of here since he’s not taking a nap and Jesse is working from home. There’s a couple contests below that are time sensitive, so I want to get this out and I’ll do another one tonight, after the monkey is in bed. So I’ll be back with more later.
Check out the cover for Kimberly Frost’s second Southern Witch novel, Barely Bewitched. I’m not sure where I’ve been since this novel comes out September 1st, but I haven’t seen it posted anywhere. Damn it looks good.
- Richelle Mead, author of Blood Promise, by YA Reads
- Rob Thurman, author of Trick of Light, by Marjorie Liu
- Nalini Singh, author of Branded by Fire, by True Romance
Maria Snyder is coming to the Detroit area!! I’m so excited. She’ll be appearing for a couple events at the Monroe Public Library, so I have two chances to see her. On November 7th, she’ll be presenting Storms and Magic: Controlling the Forces of…Fiction? at the Dorsch Memorial Library from 1pm to 4pm. Then on November 8th, she’ll be participating in the MPL’s Writers on the River at the Ellis Reference and Information Center from 11am to 3pm. Both events include an author signing of course. I’m not sure which one I’m going to because the Writers on the River event will actually have 30 authors from Michigan and the Ohio ara, so I’m curious to see who is going to be there.
Speaking of Maria Snyder, if you get her newsletter than you already know the title to the third Glass novel. Spy Glass will be out sometime Fall 2010.
I’m now on GoodReads. If you’ve ever wanted to see what my personal collection looks like, check out my profile. My large portion of my library will end up there, so books that have not been reviewed here will be there as well. Literary Escapism has its own group on the site as well. I’ve been tinkering with the idea of starting up a Book Club that’s hosted by LE and I’m thinking of using GoodReads for it. If anyone is interested, I want to know.
- Reading Rocks For Me is giving away a copy of Maria Snyders Sea Glass, but I can’t find the direct link to enter. Contest ends September 1st.
- Kimberly Frost is giving away a copy of Real Vampires Have Curves by Gerry Bartlett plus her two books Barely Bewitched and Would-Be Witch. Contest ends possibly tonight, but not totally sure – this is the time sensitive one I think.