For this weeks Weekly Geeks, I had a little insider knowledge since I was the one who wrote it up, guess what time of year it is! It’s the Book Bloggers Top 10 of 2009!
You always see these “Top Whatever” lists that the newspapers/publishers put out and, for a second year in a row, we the book bloggers are going to put out our own Top 10 list. This week, the Weekly Geeks team and I are asking you to come up with your own Top 10 Books that were published in 2009 (books that were reprinted or re-released are not eligible, sorry).
Now, the idea is to only choose books that were published in 2009, regardless of what country you live in. If a book was released in the US in 2008, but released in your country in 2009, that’s okay. I know there is still a month in a half left of 2009, but if you know there is a book coming out between now and Dec. 31st, then it’s still eligible.
I’ll be honest, I never rate my novels because I’m just too indecisive, so coming up with my own Top 10 has been a little difficult. I’ve read some great novels this year and trying to say which 10 were the best is kind of hard. So I went through my TBR list and took out the ones that really stood out to me. These are the ones that I can remember reading, am eagerly awaiting the sequels and just have really good memories from them. So here are the ones that have stood out for me this year (in alphabetical order)
- Angels’ Blood by Nalini Singh (urban fantasy)
- Bitter Night by Diana Pharaoh Francis (urban fantasy)
- Blood Promise by Richelle Mead (YA urban fantasy)
- Bound to Shadows by Keri Arthur (urban fantasy)
- Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost (urban fantasy)
- Doubleblind by Ann Aguirre (science fiction)
- Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr (YA urban fantasy)
- Ghostland by Jory Strong (paranormal romance)
- Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews (urban fantasy)
- Some Girls Bite by Chloe Neill (urban fantasy)
Now I want to know yours. The Weekly Geeks are trying to collect as many Top 10 Lists as possible and after two weeks, I’ll be collecting all of them into one giant voting booth. Just like last year, we’re coming up with the Book Bloggers Top 10 List and we want everyones input. So what are you top 10 books of 2009? To add your list to the group, click here.
Check out these Weekly Geekers who have given us their top 10 lists. Now where is yours?
|1. Jackie (Farm Lane Books)|
2. Kerrie – MYSTERIES IN PARADISE
3. Lilly (Reading Extravaganza)
4. Care’s Online Book Club
|5. Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness)|
7. Suey (It’s All About Books)
8. Young Readers