Did you sign up for the New Author Mini Challenge featuring the authors of the League of Reluctant Adults? If so, this is the official challenge page where you’ll be posting your reviews. I know I said the initial announcement was going to be the page, but with the addition of all the fabulous prizes, I needed a clean slate for entries.
Here are the details one last time:
- You do not have to be a participant of the New Authors Challenge, but if you’re not, why not?
- The Challenge will run from February 1st through the 28th. All reviews must have a February 2010 date.
- The goal is to read up to 5 different authors from the above list. There are 20 different authors, so finding three shouldn’t be too hard.
- The idea is to try a new author (it is a New Author mini-challenge), however, if you’ve already read all 20 of them, you can still participant, but don’t re-read a novel. Try something new. Not only is this an excuse to try a certain group of authors, but it’s also a great chance to help promote them.
Just so everyone knows who is in the League…
There’s a huge incentive to joining this mini-challenge. When I initially posted about it, the League loved it so much, they threw in a bunch of books to be given away at the end of the challenge. I now have 35 novels to be given away and all everyone has to do is read and review a League novel in February. Each participant has 10 chances to get their names in the drawing – 1 entry for each book reviewed (up to 5) and an additional entry for a second place you review said book. For instance, if you read Tempest Rising by Nicole Peeler and review it on your blog and Amazon, you’ll get 2 entries. To add your links, add one to Mr. Linky below and then leave your second link (of the same review) in the comments below.
On March 2nd, I’ll draw 7 winners and they will get to chose which 5 books they would like to be sent. There are two stipulations to this, however:
- The sets do not count as one book nor can they be broken up. If a set has 3 books included, then you can only chose 2 other novels.
- If you chose an ARC, then you must post a review of said book by it’s release date or as close to it as you can, depending on when you receive the book.
Other than that, it’ll be a first come first choose as to which titles you get. So that everyone has a fair shot at it (I’m thinking of the PST vs my EST), I’ll post the winners after 3pm EST on March 2nd.
Now that all of this has been dealt with, let’s get to reading!
One thing I forgot. When adding your link to Mr Linky, include your name (or blog name) and the author. Adding the title is up to you.