There were a ton of new covers released this week, and I’m going to start off today’s news post with one I found over at Angieville since it’s the only place I’ve seen it. Robin McKinley has released the cover for her upcoming novel, Pegasus, which has a November 2nd release date. There are even links to a few snippets, which you can find here, here, and here.
Babbling About Books is also pimping out some pretty fantastic covers, one of which really caught my eye – Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, which releases June 6th.
I am so waiting for my copy of Radiant Shadows to show up, but until then, Melissa Marr is teasing us with a snippet from Chapter 16.
Chloe Neill has announced the title to the second Dark Elita novel. We’ll have Hexbound in January 2011.
- Carrie Vaughn, author of Kitty’s House of Horrors, by Daily Dose
- Nalini Singh, author of Blaze of Memory, by Calliope’s Domain (w/contest ending 2/8)
- Archangel Michaela, from Nalini Singh’s Archangel’s Kiss, by Babbling About Books
- Mark Henry, author of Battle of the Network Zombies, by Bitten by Books
- Chris Marie Green, author of Deep in the Woods, by Bitten by Books
- Skylar White, author of And Falling, Fly, by Jessica Scott’s Blog
- Julie Kagawa, author of The Iron King, by All Things Urban Fantasy
- Jennifer Ashley, author of Pride Mates, by I Do Not Want To Wait, I Want The Book Now
- Deborah Cooke, author of Kiss of Fire, by Paranormal Haven
- Diane Sweeney, author of Kissing Frogs in Cyberspace, by the Book Vixen
- Jeaniene Frost, author of First Drop of Crimson, by All Things Urban Fantasy
- Jennifer Estep, author of Spider’s Bite, at SciFiGuy (w/contest ending Feb. 15th)
- Amanda Feral, zombie fashionista from Mark Henry’s Happy Hour of the Damned, by Wicked Little Pixie and Kindle Vixen
- Nicole Hadaway, author of Release, by Vampire Wire
- Chloe Neill, author of Firespell, by Tynga’s Reviews (w/contest ending Feb. 16th)
- Angie Fox, author of Tale of Two Demon Slayers, by Ellz Readz (w/contest ending Feb. 12th)
- Kate Cann, author of Possessed, by Dark Faerie Tales (w/contest ending Feb. 23rd)
- Diana Gabaldon, author of An Echo in the Bone, by the Scotsman
- Maria Snyder, author of Sea Glass, by The Secret Adventures of Writer Girl – Day One, Two and Three
For fans of the Arthurian stories, SyFy has acquired the right to the BBC’s Merlin and will be adding it to their lineup in April. Merlin stars Anthony Stewart Head (of Buffy) as well as Colin Morgan, Bradley James, Richard Wilson, Katie McGrath and Angel Coulby.
Excellent news for Shiloh Walker fans. The first two stories in her Grimm Circle series, Candy Houses and No Prince Charming, will be released in print in a single edition this fall titled The First Book of Grimm.
Fifty-Two Stories has posted their fifth short story of the year – I Was the Green Ray by Jon Stephen Fink
Sad news in the publishing world. Kage Baker, author of The Women of Nell Gwynne and Not Less than Gods, passed away from cancer earlier this week.
Jeaniene Frost has posted another snippet from First Drop of Crimson, which is available next Tuesday.
Kim Harrison has posted the first chapter for Black Magic Sanction. If you haven’t ordered your Black Magic Tour shirts yet, Kim is saying that the last run will be on February 14th, so you better hurry and get it in if you want one.
Check out what I just saw at Lurv a la Mode:
ETA: Oh! Almost forgot to tack on that author Lori Handeland is doing one too – Shakespeare Undead (I believe HE is a vampire in her version…).
It looks like the reboots are not done yet. At least with Shakepeare Undead, a familiar UF/PNR author is doing it. That’s something, right? However, that’s all I’ve seen on the Robin Hood one, so I’ll be keeping my eyes open for that one.
Ilona Andrews has a good size snippet from Bayou Moon posted.
SciFiGuy has posted his list of SF/UF/PNR February releases. Speaking of releases, did you see that these novels came out this week?
The Hellhound King by Lori Devoti
Catch of a Lifetime by Judi Fennell (Merpeople #3)
A Tale of Two Demon Slayers by Angie Fox (Accidental Demon Slayer #3)
Shadow Blade by Seressia Glass (Shadowchasers #1)
Moonshine by Alaya Johnson
The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
Within the Shadows of Mortals by Rae Lori (Ashen Twilight #2)
A Girl’s Guide to Guns and Monsters an anthology featuring Anton Strout, Nancy Holder (of Buffy fame), Tanya Huff, Lilith Saintcrow, Jim Hines, Jeanne Stein, Kristine Kathryn Rusch, Nina Kiriki Hoffman, and more.
Real Vampires Hate Their Thighs by Gery Bartlett (Glory St. Clair)
Accidentally Demonic by Dakota Cassidy (Accidental Friends #4)
The Reckoners by Doranna Durgin
Flirt by Laurell K Hamilton (Anita Blake #18)
Steamed by Katie MacAlister
Archangel’s Kiss by Nalini Singh (Guild Hunter #2)
Blood Magic by Eileen Wilks (World of the Lupi #6)
Except the Queen by Jane Yolen and Midori Snyder
Edge by Thomas Blackthorne
Walking the Tree by Kaaron Warren
Like I said, there were a slew of covers released this week, so I’m going to try and make this as painless as I can.
Book Chick City revealed a couple of them to me this week. First off, she pointed me to the fact that Carrie Vaughn posted the cover for Kitty Goes to War, the next Kitty Norville novel that is due out August. Book Chick City also has the cover blurb. She is also showcasing the cover for the fifth volume of Robert Jordan’s Wheel of Time series, The Fires of Heaven.
Angieville also has a couple of great ones. The first one is the cover for the second Demon Lexicon novel by Sarah Rees Brennan, titled The Demon’s Covenant, which will be released May 18th. Angie is also showcasing the cover for the fifth novel in Moria Moore’s Heroes series, Heroes Return, which will be released July 27th.
Kindlen Vixen clued me in on the fact that Gena Showalter was showing off the cover for The Darkest Passion, which releases May 25th; as well as the cover for the fifth Lords of the Underworld novel, The Darkest Lie, which releases June 29th. There are blurbs available for both.
Dark Faerie Tales spotlighted a few novels, with their blurbs, this week:
- The first one was Touched by an Alien by Gini Koch, which releases April 6th. An excerpt is available here. The second novel, Alien Tango will follow in December.
- The next one is for Dark Oracle by Alayna Williams (aka Laura Bickle), which is due out May 25th.
- Third is for The Haunted by Jessica Verday, the second novel in her Legend of Sleepy Hollow series, which will be released August 31st.
- And the last one is for The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff, which will be released September 16th.
SciFiGuy has an updated cover for Kelley Armstrong’s Waking the Witch, which releases August 3rd. Honestly, I like the new cover more than the old one, so this is a good change for me. *grin*
All Things Urban Fantasy has the cover and blurb for the next House of Night novel, Burned, which PC Cast posted earlier this week. Burned will be released April 27th. All Things Urban Fantasy is also showcasing covers for:
- Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, which will be released June 10, 2010
- Shadow Chase by Seressia Glass, which will be released August 2010
- Black Blade Blues by J. A. Pitts, which will be released April 27, 2010
- Total Eclipse by Rachel Caine, which will be released August 2010
Cynthia Eden showed off her latest cover, which happens to be for Deadly Fear, which is due out in August.
And the last cover revealed this week is probably the most disturbing. Lurv a la Mode has the cover for the upcoming Little Women and Werewolves by Louisa May Alcott and Porter Grand, which will be released May 4th.
You didn’t think I wasn’t going to post them, right?
Karin’s Book Nook is giving away three copies of Rachel Vincent’s My Soul to Save. Contest ends Feb. 15th.
Library Girl Reads is giving away copies of Melissa Marr’s Fragile Eternity, Lauren Kate’s Fallen as well as a few others. Contest ends Feb. 24 and is only open to US residents.
Naughty Editions is giving away copies of My Zombie Valentine and a Red Hot Valentine’s Day. Contest ends Feb. 12th.
Stainless Steel Droppings is giving away two copies (each) of Robin Hobb’s Dragon Keeper and A.E. Moorat’s Queen Victoria: Demon Hunter. Contest ends Feb. 7th an dis only open to US residents.
The Book Smugglers are giving away a set of Rachel Vincent’s Soul Screamer novels – My Soul to Take and My Soul to Save. Contest ends Feb. 15th.
All Things Urban Fantasy has her weekly post of a ton of contests going on this week. As of Wednesday, she has a list of 77 different giveaways going on, so head over and she what is up for grabs.