Yes, I am still looking for a few good reviewers. I’ve had some interest shown, but you really need to email me back if you want to be taken seriously. Here’s what I’m looking for in a reviewer:
- Have an interest in Epic Fantasy, Horror and Science Fiction. While I do have an interest in these genres, they are the ones that tend to get pushed aside the most and if I’m going to add a new reviewer…
- Be willing to read and review at least five books a month (depending on their length) and be willing to read books on a deadline (deadlines are at least a month away). While I understand reading is merely a hobby for many, LE is the only job I have and I tend to treat it as such since I do receive books for review.
- Be willing to give me your address, which may be given out to authors, so that books may magically appear on your doorstep. This is one bonus to being a reviewer. One caveat, must be either a US or Canadian resident. Sorry guys, I’m not making that much and I’ll be sending books as well.
- Understand that being an LE reviewer means…
- free books are not a guarantee and are only available when I have them or requests are sent. However, reviews can be written for anything you read and your commitment to reviewing five books a month should not be contingent upon receiving free novels.
- there is no compensation for this position other than being able to keep whatever books that you review.
- successfully complete a 30-day probationary period which will involve receiving ebooks prior to any print novels.
- reviews should be written in a professional manner following certain guidelines…namely being as honest as you can. I don’t pander to anyone.
- being open to constructive feedback from both authors, readers and myself.
- any review posted on LE cannot be submitted to another review site; however, a snippet may be added to Amazon, Barnes & Noble, GoodReads, LibraryThing, etc (and is encouraged) with an ending tag line indicating the full review can be seen at LE.
- Upon agreeing to being a reviewer, I expect you to read and review all novels acquired through Literary Escapism regardless if you like them or not – even if that means a review indicating you did not finish the book as long as you state why. Any review is better than no review from a readers perspective as long as you’re honest (and tactful).
- As I receive books, I will send out a synopsis to all reviewers and the first to respond will receive (depending on your current stack). Ultimately, I would like to get to the point where I’m not turning any requests away. I’m looking for anyone who is willing to try something new even if it’s not immediately appealing.
- All potential reviewers should have no ties to the publishing industry.
At the moment, that’s what I’m looking for. I feel like I’m leaving something out, so if anyone has any questions, let me know. One thing I would like to stress is all reviews have to be based on one’s honest opinion. That is one of the many aspects that I take great pride in and I will not jeopardize that at all.
For anyone who is interested in joining Literary Escapism, please email me at myjaxon AT gmail, with a subject of LE Reviewer, stating your interest and a full review of a novel you have recently read (not a link to ones you have done in the past). If you review for another paranormal fiction review site, review full-time for a non-paranormal site, or have your own review site, please do not apply.
I’ll keep my eyes open. A lot of new reviewers get into it for the free books. Hard to find the good ones!