I got to thinking recently about all the authors I typically recommend. There are some heavy favorites, and not just by me, on my list, but I started wondering…am I missing someone who I’ve read and have simply forgotten to add? I’ve read a lot of new authors since then and I seriously have this feeling that I’m missing some great novels.
I’ll be honest, my list of recommendations was posted back in May of 2008 and I’ve to keep it updated, but it tends to be forgotten. Plus, I haven’t read all there is the UF/PNR genre, so I know I’m missing a bunch. So I want to ask everyone, what authors/series/books do you recommend to people.
This week, lets focus on only those books involving vampires and/or werewolves as the main characters. We’ll hit some of the other paranormal species next week. Here’s my list. Have I missed something? Do I need to read a certain book, like now? What are your automatic buys?
- Alpha & Omega by Patricia Briggs – Cry Wolf (2+)
- Anita Blake by Laurell K Hamilton – Guilty Pleasures (17+)
- Black Dagger Brotherhood by JR Ward – Dark Lover (6+)
- Cassandra Palmer by Karen Chance – Touch the Dark (4+)
- Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill – Some Girls Bite (3+)
- Dark-Hunters by Sherrilyn Kenyon – Fantasy Lover (13+)
- Dorina Basarab by Karen Chance – Midnight’s Daughter (1+)
- Kate Daniels by Ilona Andrews – Magic Bites (3+)
- Kitty Norville by Carrie Vaughn – Kitty and the Midnight Hour (5+)
- Mercedes Thompson by Patricia Briggs – Moon Called (5+)
- Night Huntress by Jeaniene Frost – Halfway to the Grave (3+)
- Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong – Bitten (9+)
- Psy-Changeling by Nalini Singh – Slave to Sensation (5+)
- Riley Jensen by Keri Arthur – Full Moon Rising (6+)
- Southern Vampire Mysteries by Charlaine Harris – Dead Until Dark (8+)
- Werecat by Rachel Vincent – Stray (3+)