Kelling Gay has introduced her alter-ego, Kelly Keaton, via Facebook. Kelly Keaton will be debuting on February 22, 2011 with her novel, Darkness Becomes Her, the first novel in the new Gods & Monsters series. There will be a second novel that will follow in 2012 and we can only hope there’ll be a third as well. Here’s what Kelly has to say about Darkness Becomes Her:
Darkness Becomes Her, (Gods & Monsters, Book 1), in which a hardened teen on the run searches for the truth about her monstrous heritage with a group of misfit kids in a post-apocalyptic New Orleans, a city state now run by the creatures of the night.
- Beth Fantaskey, author of Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side, by Leilani Loves Books
- Michelle Rowen, author of The Demon in Me, at RomCon
- Stacia Kane, author of Unholy Ghosts, by Wicked Little Pixie
- Jennifer Estep, author of Web of Lies, at the Book Smugglers
- Monica Burns, author of Assassin’s Heart, by Smexy Books
- Sara Creasy, author of Song of Scarabaeus, by Dark Faerie Tales
- Jennifer Estep, author of Web of Lies, at Vampire Wire
- Brigit Zahara, author of Enchanted Palette, by Bitten by Books
- Stacia Kane, author of Unholy Ghosts, at Vampire Wire
- Mahon and Aunt B, from Ilona Andrew’s Magic Bleeds, by Paperback Dolls
- Michelle Rowen, author of The Demon in Me, by Jill Myles (at Odd Shots)
- Jeaniene Frost, author of First Drop of Crimson, by the Last Word
- Maria Snyder, author of Inside Out, by Book Reviews by KGB
Tor and Dan Dos Santos are auctioning off a bunch of artist original 5×7 prints to benefit the Society of Illustrators student scholarship fund. This year, prints were offered by Scott Altmann, Scott Bakal, Rick Berry, Bill Carman, Jon Foster, Donato Giancola, Michael Kaluta, Tim O’Brien, Omar Rayyan, Allen Williams, and Boris Vallejo and there are some pretty amazing artwork available.
Babbling About Books is pimping out a few spectacular covers from some upcoming books. I do have to say that there are quite a few that have caught my eye.
Jaime Rush Contest
Jaime Rush recently stopped by Literary Escapism and was sweet enough to give away a copy of Touching Darkness to one lucky winner. In order to enter, everyone had to answer the question: Do you have a secret activity? If not, what wild activity would you do if you weren’t worried about getting hurt/caught?. Now, without further ado, the winner is:
DAWN D who said: I don’t have one because I am disabled but if I could do anything I think I would probably go rock climbing. That was an excellent question! It really took a LOT of thought and even then, I don’t know for sure if that’s the complete answer because there are so many things I would probably like to try at least once before settling on a single activity.
Congratulations Dawn! Please email me at myjaxon AT gmail with your info and we’ll get your prize mailed out.