I never knew Poe’s birthday was so celebrated, but apparently it is. io9 is reporting on the various celebrations and people are having fun with it.
- Jim C. Hines, author of The Stepsister Scheme, by Jeri Smith-Ready
- CA Milson, author of The Chosen, by Calliope’s Coffee House
- Chandra Rooney, author of The Tarot Cafe, by Urban Fantasy Land
Gena Showalter also posted the cover for her third Alien Huntress novel, Seduce the Darkness. I haven’t started this series yet, but I’ve checked out the other covers and I kinda like, so I may have to get to these sooner than later (although that list is getting longer too).
If you’re a fan of Rachel Vincents and want a sneak peek (or early review) of Pride, check out Darque Reviews. Again, she has another book I want. :) Speaking of Pride, CONTEST ALERT, Rachel Vincent has a contest going for a copy of it. It’s a trivia contest and it should be pretty easy if you know where to look.
And this is why I read Tez Says…she found the title for the next Merry Gentry novel! Sins of the Flesh even has a release date since it’s already up for preorder on Amazon. It’s due out October 27, 2009. Something tells me I need to check my google reader for the Amazon updates.
CONTEST ALERT – Bitten by Books is giving away 15 copies of Carrie Vaughn’s Kitty and the Dead Man’s Hand. The contest ends on January 17th and there are plenty of ways to get your name in the hat multiple times, so make sure you head over there.
In spectacular news, Jeri Smith-Ready has sold her young adult series, Generation Ghosts, to Curtis Brown. The first book, Untouchable, will be released as a hardcover in Summer 2010, with it’s sequel, Never Ever, coming out the following year. Granted, that’s a little ways off, so who knows if those titles will remain the same, but Jeri says she’s pretty confident that the series will stay Generation Ghost.
CONTEST ALERT – this time it’s here at LE…Don’t forget to enter the contest for a copy of Rae Lori’s A Kiss of Ashen Twilight. The contest is open until January 20th.
Check out the lovin’ I’m getting from Sidhe Vicious. She just passed the Rated Excellent Award to me, which recognizes blogs that show true excellence in many ways. Judi actually nominated some really excellent blogs, so make sure you check out her list as well. As for me, I’m going to do something a little different. There are a few blogs that I have been watching lately that are truly awesome and since most of the ones I do watch were nominated by Sidhe (which I second), I’m going to mention a few new ones. Here are the ones I’m passing this award onto:
- SciFiGuy and Grasping for the Wind for sharing a lot of intriguing information and for posts that get me thinking;
- Shapeshifter Romance for reminding me that there’s always more than the undead to read;
- Stainless Steel Droppings for introducing me to some amazing artists;
- Paranormality for introducing me to a few (actually a lot of) new authors;
- Suburban Vampire for all the fun vampire polls and other amusing tidbits she’s always finding;
- Weekly Geeks for being a great community builder and managing to stick with it after the passing of the founder;
- Alpha Heroes because Nicola always brings me back to the romance of a novel whenever I get stuck in the “action”; and finally,
- Tez Says because she has this ability to ferret out new covers and I’m not sure how she’s doing it yet. Although, if she says Google Alerts I’m going to cry because that’s just too easy. :P
So those are my nominees. I could nominate a few more (probably another dozen or so), but I’m being reasonable here.