Check out the shiny cover Kim Harrison revealed for the upcoming Hollows graphic novel. Now this is some shiny goodness. I so can not wait for this to come out because Kisten will be back! Blood Work takes place during the year Rachel and Ivy worked together at the IS – so before everything that happened in Dead Witch Walking, and is told from Ivy’s point of view. We’ll be able to get our hands on Blood Work on July 12, 2011.
Dark Faerie Tales has another great roundup of new publishing deals. One of which involves Angie Fox who sold a new series involving a monster M*A*S*H series. Does that mean Hawkeye is going to be a vampire or a werewolf do you think?
- Marjorie Liu, author of In the Dark of Dreams – io9 and CBR
- Jackie Morse Kessler, author of Hunger – Steph Su Reads, Wicked Little Pixie and the Paperback Dolls
- Jennifer Estep, author of Venom – Sara’s Urban Fantasy Blog, SOS Aloha, Paranormal Haven,
- Erica Hayes, author of Poison Kissed – Fiction Vixen
- Scott Westerfeld, author of Behemoth – Suvudu
- Chris Evans, author of The Light of Burning Shadows – Suvudu
- Jim Butcher, Joe Abercrombie, Peter V. Brett, Naomi Novik, Deborah Harkness, and Brandon Sanderson – Suvudu
- Jim Butcher, author of Side Jobs: Stories From the Dresden Files – Suvudu
- Joe Abercrombie, author of The Heroes – Suvudu
- Marta Acosta, author of Haunted Honeymoon – Suburban Vampire
- Peter V. Brett, author of The Warded Man – Suvudu
- Nancy Holzner, author of Hellforged – Dark Central Station
- Myrnin, from Rachel Caine’s Morganville Vampires series – Paperback Dolls
- Scott Nicholson, author of – Patricia’s Vampire Notes
- Becca Fitzpatrick, author of Crescendo – Dark Faerie Tales
- Juliet Blackwell, author of A Cast Off Coven – Amberkatze Book Blog
- Kalayna Price, author of Grave Witch – Fiction Kingdom
- Carolyn Crane, author of Double Cross – the Paperback Dolls
- Madeline Drake, author of Faery’s Bargain – Ye Old Inkwell
- Gini Koch, author of Alien Tango – Galaxy Express
Melissa Marr has finally announced when we’ll be able to get our hands on her first adult novel, Graveminder. We simply have to wait until June 28th and no, there isn’t anything else yet. I’m hoping I won’t be able to say that for much longer.
Jeaniene Frost has fabulous news! She has sold two more novels in the Cat/Bones series, which will now end at nine books instead of seven. First off, I don’t want the series to end. Anyone else with me? However, since it seems to be in the works, we can be comforted by the fact that Frost also sold a new series focusing on Vlad and his own heroine. So while we may be losing Cat/Bones, we’ll be getting more of Vlad and who knows, maybe Cat & Bones will make a few appearances.
Because Free Reads must be shared, check out what I found at SciFiGuy’s Weekend Report:
- Lisa Hendrix has an excerpt of her next Immortal Brotherhood novel, Immortal Champion, which will be released in January 4, 2011.
- Yasmine Galenorn has posted an excerpt of the next Otherworld novel, Harvest Hunting, which is due to release October 26th.
- Lilith Saintcrow has posted a snippet of her upcoming fifth Jill Kismet novel, Heaven’s Spite, which is due out October 26th.
You did see that right…SciFiGuy’s Weekend Reports are back baby! There’s a ton of great stuff, as always, but I have to say, the cover for the upcoming anthology Naked City (Which I didn’t even know about) looks fabulous. Plus the lineup…man there’s going to be some great stories involved. For the full skinny, head over to SciFiGuy’s Weekend Report for all the details.
Tez Says is showing off a bunch of new covers.
In more anthology news, Melissa Marr did let it slip that she’s participating in two new anthologies. The first one, Home Improvement: Undead Edition, is edited by Charlaine Harris and Toni Kelner and will be released sometime late Summer 2011 (possibly August). The second one, Enthralled: Paranormal Road Trips, is edited by Kelley Armstrong and Marr and will be out in September 2011. I’m not sure who Marr’s story will be about in Home Improvement (it’s titled The Strength Inside), but there will be a post Darkest Mercy story in Enthralled, titled Hoard.
As always, for all the latest covers, head on over to Facebook to see them all. There are just too many to be post them all here.
Amazon is bring something new to the world of digital publishing.
Today, Amazon is announcing that it will launch “Kindle Singles”—Kindle books that are twice the length of a New Yorker feature or as much as a few chapters of a typical book. Kindle Singles will have their own section in the Kindle Store and be priced much less than a typical book. Today’s announcement is a call to serious writers, thinkers, scientists, business leaders, historians, politicians and publishers to join Amazon in making such works available to readers around the world.
Like all Kindle content, Kindle Singles will be “Buy Once, Read Everywhere”—customers will be able to read them on Kindle, Kindle 3G, Kindle DX, iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, Mac, PC, BlackBerry, and Android-based devices. Amazon’s Whispersync technology syncs your place across devices, so you can pick up where you left off. In addition, with the Kindle Worry-Free Archive, Kindle Singles will be automatically backed up online in your Kindle library on Amazon where they can be re-downloaded wirelessly for free, anytime.
To be considered for Kindle Singles, interested parties should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Angie Fox has some…disturbing for her, great for us…news. She’s recently taken back the rights to her next Accidental Demon Slayer novel, The Last of the Demon Slayers – so Dorchester is no longer going to be publishing it. That’s the bad news. The great news is Angie is going to be releasing it herself via Amazon this Friday. So we’re going to get it a whole two months early.
Space…the final frontier. Or is it? Many say there’s no frontier more forbidding than a romantic relationship between a man and a woman. But what if one’s a human, and the other’s an alien? Here is an original collection of space opera stories where authors take love (unrequited or not), on a spaceship, space station, or planetary colony, and add enough drama, confusion and mayhem to ensure that the path to true love-or short-term infatuation-is seldom free of obstacles.
- is giving away ten copies of Kelley Armstrong’s The Gathering. Contest ends October 25th.
- is giving away a copy of Dan Poblocki’s The Nightmarys. Contest ends December 1st.
- is giving away two copies of Karen Kincy’s Others – one for US addresses and one for Canadian addresses. Contest ends October 15th
- is giving away ten copies of Gena Showalter’s Ecstasy in Darkness. Contest ends December 1st.
- is giving away 25 copies of LJ Smith’s Origins. Contest ends October 24th.
- is giving away ten copies of Jax’s the Bid. Contest ends October 27th.
- is giving away five copies of Andrea Cremer’s Nightshade. Contest ends October 31st.
- is giving away a copy of Skylar White’s In Dreams Begin. Contest ends November 2nd.
- is giving away a copy of Abra Ebner’s Book of Revenge. Contest ends October 31st.
- is giving away a copy of Zoe Archer’s Rebel. Contest ends November 9th.