I’m a little late with this, but…
Happy 3rd birthday Literary Escapism!
Yeah, I’m about 2 months late with that, but December 20th tends to fall during a busy time of year and I wanted to make sure I celebrated it right. Plus, February is the month of another birthday, that without it, LE might not have happened. The monkey is turning 4 and without him, I never would have become a stay at home mom (SAHM) who went stir-crazy at the 10 month mark and turned to book blogging as a way to interact with people. Well, I should be honest, I never thought I would actually interact with anyone – I didn’t even know the book blogging community existed – but the mental exercise of writing reviews was something I needed to do.
I still can’t believe it’s been three years and last year was pretty monumental. Not only did I get the chance to attend the RT Booklovers Convention and do some live interviews with a few of my favorite authors, but LE added 5 new reviewers – Tricia, Jennifer, Lisa, Casey and Nikki – who have totally helped me keep the site loaded with reviews. Seriously, without these girls, reviews would be very scarce and I can’t thank them enough for helping me.
The last three years have been amazing and I never thought LE would grow to be what it is today. So I totally want to show my appreciation to all of my fabulous readers out there and what better day to do that on then Valentine’s Day.
I have three sets of books that I am giving away and all you have to do to get a chance at them is to tell me how did you find Literary Escapism? Were you directed here from another site? Did you stumble across us on Facebook? How did you hear about LE? What can I say, I’m curious to see how people are finding LE.
Here’s the three prize packs I’ll be giving away:
First Prize: Signed copies of the first four novels in Richelle Mead’s Georgina Kincaid series –
Succubus Blues, Succubus on Top, Succubus Dreams and Succubus Heat.
If 25 people end up entering the contest, I’ll draw a fourth winner for a copy of Clay & Susan Griffith’s The Greyfriar. If 50 people enter the contest, I’ll draw a fifth winner for a copy of Meg Cabot’s Insatiable. If 75 people enter the contest, I’ll draw a sixth winner for a copy of Anne Bishop’s Shalador’s Lady.
As always, there’s more ways of getting your name in the hat (remember, these aren’t mandatory to enter, just extra entries):
- +1 for each place you post about today’s contest on your blog, social network – anywhere you can. Digg it, stumble it, twit it, share it with the world. Wherever you share it, make sure you add a link to it along with your answer.
- +1 to any review you comment on, however, comments must be meaningful. Just give me the title of the review and I’ll be able to figure it out from there.
- +1 If you are a follower of Literary Escapism on Facebook and/or Twitter
- +5 for having commented anywhere on Literary Escapism prior to today.
- +10 Purchase any novel through LE’s Amazon store or the Book Depository sometime during this contest and send a copy of the receipt VIA email for your purchase to: jackie AT literaryescapism DOT com. Each purchase is worth ten entries.
I have not been contacting winners, so you will need to check back to see if you’ve won.