Forget the book cover this week or even the excerpts. I have to start off with these fabulous images of the Muppets as Game of Thrones characters. Blastr found them via the talented mashup artist Yehudi Mercado and I have to say he did a fantastic job. I would seriously love to have a couple of these for my walls.
Now back to the excerpt portion…Shiloh Walker has posted an excerpt from her fifth Grimm Circle novel, Locked in Silence, which is due to release September 20th. Can you guess which fairy tale our next Grimm is from?
- Dani Harper, author of Changeling Moon – Bitten by Books
- Deanna Raybourn, author of The Dark Enquiry – Paperback Dolls
- Ellen Connor, author of Nightfall – The Book Pushers
- Elspeth Cooper, author of Songs of the Earth – Falcata Times
- Erica O’Rourke, author of Torn – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Gail Carriger, author of Heartless – Amberkatze’s Book Blog
- Jeannie Holmes, author of Blood Secrets – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Jenn Bennett, author of Kindling the Moon – Dark Faerie Tales
- Juliet Blackwell, author of Hexes and Hemlines – Amberkatze’s Book Blog
- Kelly Gay, author of The Hour of Dust and Ashes – Book Chick City
- Laurell K Hamilton, author of Hit List – Project Paranormal
- Lora Leigh, author of Dangerous Pleasure – Project Paranormal
- Molly Harper, author of The Art of Seducing a Naked Werewolf – Bitten by Books
- Myra McEntire, author of Hourglass – Dark Faerie Tales
- Neil Gaiman, author of The Sandman Vol. 6 – Livestream
- Sharon Ashwood, author of Frostbound – Patricia’s Vampire Notes
- Sydney Croft, author of Taken by Fire – The Book Pushers
- Tera Lynn Childs as Lily from Forgive My Fins – Paperback Dolls
- Theresa Meyers, author of The Vampire Who Loved Me – All Things Urban Fantasy
I wasn’t aware they were making an Edgar Allen Poe movie titled The Raven. However, Suvudu not only knows, but has found an image of John Cusack who is playing Poe himself. Poe is one of my all tme favorite authors, so this has definitely caught my attention. I wish I had found out about it sooner.
In this gritty thriller, Edgar Allan Poe (John Cusack, Being John Malkovich) joins forces with a young Baltimore detective (Luke Evans, Immortals) to hunt down a mad serial killer who’s using Poe’s own works as the basis in a string of brutal murders. Directed by James McTeigue (V for Vendetta), the film also stars Alice Eve (Sex and the City 2), Brendan Gleeson (In Bruges) and Oliver Jackson-Cohen (Faster).
When a mother and daughter are found brutally murdered in 19th century Baltimore, Detective Emmett Fields (Luke Evans) makes a startling discovery: the crime resembles a fictional murder described in gory detail in the local newspaper—part of a collection of stories penned by struggling writer and social pariah Edgar Allan Poe. But even as Poe is questioned by police, another grisly murder occurs, also inspired by a popular Poe story.
Realizing a serial killer is on the loose using Poe’s writings as the backdrop for his bloody rampage, Fields enlists the author’s help in stopping the attacks. But when it appears someone close to Poe may become the murderer’s next victim, the stakes become even higher and the inventor of the detective story calls on his own powers of deduction to try to solve the case before it’s too late.
Ruby Night Divine is a gun shop owner. She’s also a witch who knows magic can fail. She’s experienced it firsthand, with full-blown tragic consequences. Smith & Wesson is a whole hell of a lot more reliable, and nothing’s as cathartic as the ability to put a few holes in the things that piss you off. Like Derek Stormwind.
A powerful sorcerer, Derek is determined to get to the bottom of why she pushed him away and ran three years before. He also needs her help. A coven needs training to help them fight a demon and his minions. While Ruby is willing to do it, she’s sure it’s just a ruse to get back in her heart—and her bed. The thing is, that’s where she wants him. Unfortunately, her bed’s already made, she’s this close to losing her soul, and she fears nothing can save her. Not Derek. Not even Smith & Wesson.
There have been a ton of fabulous covers popping up lately. For all the new covers, I’ve added them to the FB album for your viewing pleasure.
Lurv a la Mode is showcasing some upcoming fabulous YA novels and some seem to have a little steampunk flair going on.
3am has been hosting a fabulous event called the Author Fan Letter Blog Crawl since the beginning of the month and there are quite a few new blogs to check out. Four of the LE girls are getting in on the action and you’ll get to see who they are going to go all fangirl over on Tuesday.
This is something I don’t know if I’m totally ready for. With the release of the final Harry Potter movie coming soon, Suvudu is already talking about the various reboots we all know will happen. In my naive mind, I didn’t think Hollywood would attempt it, but Suvudu actually gives a few examples that could easily be done.
Meljean Brooks is giving away 30 sets of her Iron Seas trading cards – ends June 30th.