For a limited time, there are a few books being offered at reduced prices on Amazon and Barnes & Noble:
- Beth Fantaskey’s Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side is free at Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
- Larissa Ione’s Eternal Rider has been reduced to $1.99
- Jim C. Hines’s Goblin Tales is $.99
- Vicki Pettersson’s Scent of Shadows is $.99
- The anthology, Holidays Are Hell, featuring Lynsay Sands, Vicki Pettersson, Marjorie Liu and Kim Harrison is $1.99
Shiloh Walker has posted a couple of excerpts from her new novel, The Departed, releasing. Here are parts one, two and three,
Lauren Dane has been posting snippets, excerpts and more this week. You can find a teaser for Goddess With a Blade, a snippet from her Brown Siblings novel, Never Enough, an excerpt from Chaos Burning (releasing) and a teaser from her upcoming story, Dirty/Bad/Wrong (releasing May 3, 2012).
I love it when Ilona Andrews gives us a glimpse into the characters of the Kate Daniels world. The latest glimpse is of Jim and man do I love green eyes even more now.
There’s a new Moon Daughters comic up.
- Adrian Phoenix, author of Black Heart Loa – Wicked Little Pixie
- Allison Pang, author of A Sliver of Shadow – Wicked Little Pixie
- Amanda Bonilla, author of Shaedes of Gray – Smexy Books, Dark Faerie Tales
- Brodi Ashton, author of Everneath – Tynga’s Reviews
- Darynda Jones, author of Third Grave Dead Ahead – Wicked Little Pixie
- Devon Monk, author of Magic on the Line – Tynga’s Reviews
- Diana Pharaoh Francis, author of Shadow City – Tynga’s Reviews
- Diana Rowland, author of My Life as A White Trash Zombie – Wicked Little Pixie
- Jaye Wells, author of Silver-Tongued Devil – Wicked Little Pixie, Tynga’s Reviews
- Julia, from All Things Urban Fantasy – Book Chick City
- Kenda, from Lurv a la Mode – The Book Smugglers
- Kimberly Derting, author of The Pledge – Tynga’s Reviews
- Larissa Ione, author of Immortal Rider – Tynga’s Reviews
- Lia Habel, author of Dearly, Departed – Wicked Little Pixie
- Linda Robertson, author of Wicked Circle – Tynga’s Reviews
- Lucy Snyder, author of Switchblade Goddess – Suvudu
- Maria Snyder, author of Touch of Power – Fantastic Book Critic, Book Geeks Rule, Amberkate’s Book Blog, Read Breathe Relax,
- Mark Henry, author of Road Trip of the Living Dead – Wicked Little Pixie
- Natasha, from Wicked Little Pixie – Book Chick City
- Rachel Vincent, author of Soul Screamers Volume One – [Fikt]shun (Sophie, Sabine and Emma)
- Sabrina Benulis, author of Archon – Suvudu
- Sydney Ayers, author of Demons Like It Hot – Book Savvy Babe
- Terry Spear, author of Dreaming of the Wolf – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Thea Harrison, author of True Colors – The Book Pushers, All Things Urban Fantasy
- Tori, from Smexy Books – Book Chick City
- Veronica Roth, author of Divergent – The Book Smugglers
Check out this fabulous new book by Jenna Black – The Prince of Air and Darkness – which will be showing up at Amazon and Barnes & Noble sometime next week.
It’s not easy being the son of evil incarnate…
Hunter Teague is the prince of the Unseelie Court, the dark half of Faerie. Raised in an atmosphere of unspeakable cruelty, Hunter has learned the lessons of his mother, the Queen of Air and Darkness, and he’s ready to put them to use. He’s on a mission, one that will shift the balance of power in Faerie forever: he will seduce the Seelie king’s mortal daughter and sire a child upon her—a child who will be heir to both the Seelie and the Unseelie thrones. Hunter has never met a mortal woman he couldn’t seduce…until now.
Kiera Malone is a self-employed web designer and a self-professed cynic. She doesn’t believe in magic or soulmates, let alone her mother’s ridiculous claims to have slept with the mythical Faerie King. But when Hunter hires her to design a website, Kiera finds herself drawn to him in ways that seem almost magical. He’s gorgeous and sexy as sin, the kind of man any woman would swoon over—but her every instinct warns her there’s something dangerous lurking beneath his charming façade.
To succeed in his mission, Hunter must let himself get closer to Kiera than he ever planned. Soon, he finds himself burdened with the one thing a prince of the Unseelie Court can’t afford: a conscience. Now Hunter must betray either the woman who is slowly working her way into his heart, or the Queen of Air and Darkness…who would destroy him and Kiera both.
Kim Harrison announced the title for the ninth Hollows book on Facebook. After A Perfect Blood releases, will get to eagerly anticipate Ever After, but no release date was mentioned.
Beth Revis announced the title to her 3rd Across the Universe novel on Facebook the other day. Shades of Earth will be released on January 10, 2013.
Nalini Singh has announced the title of the fifth Guild Hunter novel and who’s story it will be. We’re going to see more of Jason in Archangel’s Storm in September 2012.
The 2012 Reading Challenges are starting to really pop up and Darlene’s Book Nook is hosting a reading challenge for Jacquelyn Frank’s Nightwalkers series. Don’t forget, LE is also hosting a couple of reading challenges in 2012 – New Author Challenge 2012 and Outlander Reading Challenge, plus there’s The Black Dagger Brotherhood Read-a-long I’m co-hosting with Dark Faerie Tales. If you’re looking to sign up for more, check out the fabulous Novel Challenges for all your reading fun.
Hey Hobbit fans! Blastr.com has the trailer for the December 2012 movie release and we get to see a lot of places. We also get to meet the dwarves and I’ve suddenly gotten the seven dwarves song, Hie Hoe Hie Hoe, Off to Work We Go, stuck in my head.
I couldn’t remember if this has made the rounds or not, and what with The Black Dagger Brotherhood Read-a-long coming in January, I couldn’t resist. Wicked Scribes has found the cover copy for the next Black Dagger Brotherhood novel, Lover Reborn.
In the darkest corners of the night in Caldwell, New York, a conflict like no other rages. The city is home to a band of brothers born to defend their race: the warrior vampires of the Black Dagger Brotherhood.Now back in the Brotherhood – and unrecognisable as the vampire leader he once was – Tohrment is physically emaciated and heartbroken beyond despair. When he begins to see his beloved in his dreams – trapped in a cold, isolating netherworld – Tohr turns to a self-serving fallen angel in hopes of saving the one he has lost.
When he’s told he must learn to love another to free his former mate, Tohr knows they are all doomed…Except then a female with a shadowed history begins to get through to him. Against the backdrop of the raging war with the lessers, and with a new clan of vampires vying for the Blind King’s throne, Tohr struggles between the buried past, and a very hot, passion-filled future… but can his heart let go and set all of them free?
There are always more fabulous covers popping up. To see them all, head over to facebook, where I’ve added them to the FB album for your viewing pleasure.
Vampire Wire is giving away two signed ARCs of Marta Acosta’s Dark Companion – ends December 31st.
The Book Pushers are giving away a slew of books – ends December 28th.
Enchanted by Books is giving away a copy of Tahereh Mafi’s Shatter Me – ends December 27th.
Thank you for all the wonderful links and news. Downloaded Eternal Rider and Scent of Shadows. :)
More PNR bargains (and I’ve probably missed a few):
– The Goblin King by Shona Husk – $1.99,
– Nightwalker by Jocelyn Drake $0.99,
– Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes – $3.19,
– All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks $1.99,
– Silent Night, Haunted Night by Terri Garey $1.99,
– Phoenix Rising by Tee Morris and Pip Ballantine $0.99
There’s also a huge slew of Regency and contemporary romance from HarperCollins, Hachette, and Avon on sale.