- Abigail Barnette, author of Infernal Devices – Yummy Men & Kick Ass Chicks
- Adrian Phoenix, author of Caught Forever Between – The Qwillery
- Beth Williamson, author of Gideon – BookWenches
- Boone Brux, author of Shield of Fire – For What It’s Worth, That’s What I’m Talking About
- Caitlin Kittredge, author of The Iron Thorn – Suvudu
- Carolyn Crane, author of Head Rush – Red Hot Books, For What It’s Worth, The Qwillery
- Carolyn Jewel, author of Not Wicked Enough – Happy Ever After
- Carrie Vaughn, author of Kitty Steals the Show – Bitten by Books
- Cat Adams, author of The Isis Collar – Paperback Dolls
- Cat Johnson, author of Bobby – Wicked Lil Pixie Reviews
- Chelsea Quinn Yarbo, author of Hotel Transylvania – SciFiGuy
- Christina Henry, author of Black Howl – Dark Faerie Tales, Wicked Little Pixie
- Cynthia Eden, author of Angel Betrayed – Jane Wakely’s Blog
- Dakota Banks, author of Deliverance – Tynga’s Reviews, SciFiGuy, Tynga’s Reviews
- Dakota Cassidy, author of Accidentally Dead, Again – Michelle’s Book Blog
- Darynda Jones, author of Third Grave Dead Ahead – Bitten by Books
- Deborah Coates, author of Wide Open – Wicked Little Pixie
- Eliza Gayle, author of Power Play – The Qwillery
- Ellie Heller, author of Ginny’s Capture – Babbling About Books
- Erin Quinn, author of Irish Mist – Book Monster Reviews
- Gena Showalter, author of Dating the Undead – Book Chick City
- Gina Damico, author of Croak – All Things Urban Fantasy, Amberkatze’s Book Blog
- JA Kazimer, author of Curses – League of Reluctant Adults
- Jackie Morse Kessler, author of Loss – Paperback Dolls, The Book Smugglers
- Jade Lee, author of Wedded in Scandal – BookWenches
- James Tuck, author of Blood and Bullets – Book Chick City
- Jessa Slade, author of Darkness Undone – Good Choice Reading
- JN Duncan, author of The Vengeful Dead – Tynga’s Reviews
- Joan Swan, author of Fever – Babbling About Books
- Joey W. Hill, author of Hostile Takeover – Dark Faerie Tales, A Little Bit Tart, A Little Bit Sweet
- Jory Strong, author of Inked Magic – Tynga’s Reviews
- Judith Graves, author of Under My Skin – Ellz Readz
- Julia Talbot, author of A Pirate’s Paradise – Red Hot Books
- Julie Kagawa, author of The Immortal Rules – Rex Robot Reviews
- Kami Garcia, author of Dream Dark – RT Book Reviews
- Katie Reus, author of Killer Secrets – Dark Faerie Tales
- Mari Mancusi, author of Soul Bound – Dark Faerie Tales
- Melanie Card, author of Ward Against Death – Smexy Books
- Patricia Briggs, author of Fair Game – Larissa’s Bookish Life, Book Pushers, Book Smugglers
- PJ Schnyder, author of Hunting Kat – MamaKitty Reviews
- Rachel Caine, author of Black Dawn – Amberkatze’s Book Blog
- Rachel Grace, author of Geared for Pleasure – Babbling About Books
Are you thinking about taking a college course this summer? Even if it’s just for fun. If so, I have one for you. Michigan State University will be offering SW290: Surviving the Coming Zombie Apocalypse: Catastrophes & Human Behavior. Here’s a little more information:
Topics in social welfare, social policy, service delivery, research, theory, and practice; basic social worker values and concepts
Zombies are a popular metaphor for apocalypse both in popular culture and mainstream academic pursuits, even being used by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for teaching emergency preparedness. This course uses current research and science on Catastrophes and Human Behavior together with the idea of a Zombie Apocalypse to learn about the nature, scope, and impact of catastrophic events on individuals, families, societies, civilizations, and the Earth itself.
Something tells me you’re not going to learn how to survive the initial Zombie Apocalypse, just the aftermath. After all, I’m not seeing anything about how to decapitate a zombie or any kind of exercise regiment so you can be prepared to outrun said zombies. *grin*
Vicki Pettersson is going on tour! She’s going on a 10 city tour starting June 4th to celebrate the release of her new novel, The Taken. Sadly, she only has one stop east of the Mississippi, but bonus for me it’s in Cincinnati. Looks like I will be visiting my sister for a bit. *grin* If you’re within a decent driving distance of Cincy, you should really think about coming.
Interesting. It seems the Justice Department has decided to get into the debate over ebook prices. According to the Wall Street Journal, the DoJ has sent warnings to Apple Inc and five other publishers of their intent to sue over the possibility that the six have gotten together with the intent of raising ebook prices. This could mean lower ebook prices, but as with everything that deals with the law, we probably won’t see any change any time soon.
RT Book Reviews has found that Melissa de la Cruz will be continuing her Witches of the East End series with three additional books. There’s also news of new books coming from Paolo Bacigalupi (Zombie Baseball Beatdown) and Kimberly Raye. RT Book Reviews also has news that Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl (Beautiful Creatures), Markus Zusak (The Book Thief) and Anne Rice (Tale of the Body Thief) all have films in the works based on their novels.
There’s news that Joss Whedon is working on a Dr. Horrible sequel! According to The Escapist, Whedon has been hard at work on the sequel and already has a couple of songs written as well as the outline. No word on when it’ll be released.
Rex Robot Reviews has news of some fabulous Sourcebooks deals going on right now!
Tynga’s Reviews is currently in the middle of her fabulous Paranormal April Fools event, where she has authors answering questions about their latest/upcoming releases and possibly sharing a story or two. There are a ton of giveaways planned between now and April 9th, so make sure you check it out.
Dark Faerie Tales is giving away a massive supernatural and mythology prize pack – ends March 1st.