Larissa Ione has posted a short snippet Reaver’s book on her facebook page.
There are always fabulous covers popping up and I simply can’t post them all, so here’s a select few that have caught my eye. To see them all, head over to facebook, where I’ve added them to the February album for your viewing pleasure. Don’t forget to check out the new covers that came out in December and January.
- Aimee Carter, author of The Goddess Inheritance – Paranormal Romance
- Cat Adams, author of The Eldritch Conspiracy – SF Signal
- Charlie Stross, author of The Apocalypse Codex – OrbitBooks.com
- Chloe Neill, author of House Rules – Vampire Book Club
- Cynthia Eden, author of Die for Me – Vampire Book Club
- Ian Tregillis, author of Necessary Evil – OrbitBooks.com
- Karen Duvall, author of ‘Til The World Ends – Paranormal Romance
- Karina Cooper, author of Gilded – Vampire Book Club
- Kim Harrison, author of Ever After – Suvudu
- Lynsay Sands, author of Immortal Ever After – Vampire Book Club
- Marie Brennan, author of A Natural History of Dragons – Tor/Forge, Suvudu,
- Nina Berry, author of Othermoon – Vampire Book Club
- Robert Redick, author of The Night of the Swarm – Suvudu
- Shiloh Walker, author of The Reunited – Under the Book Covers
- Shona Husk, author of For the Love of a Goblin Warrior – I Smell Sheep
- Tiffany Allee, author of Lycan Unleashed – Vampire Book Club
There’s exciting news for Vampire Academy fans. Reliance Entertainment and IM Global are not only making the first novel into a feature film, but they’ve already casted the main three roles. Zoey Deutch (Beautiful Creatures) will play Rose and Lucy Fry (Lightning Point) will be Lissa. Our Russian stud Dimitri will be played by Danila Kozlovskiy (We Are from the Future) – and yes he is Russian! There is a plan to do all six novels in the series, so the first movie will be done under the German title of the book, that way each book will be able to use “Vampire Academy”. Therefore, Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters could be out as early as 2014 as plans are to start shooting this summer.
Even more movie news, according to Hollywood Reporter, Julie Kagawa has sold an as-yet published/untitled young-adult book series to Universal. Harlequin TEEN doesn’t have the first book in the series slated to release until 2015, but we are given this brief description:
The supernatural story is set in a present-day coastal town where mythical creatures hide amongst us cloaked as humans. Slayers belonging to an order that dates back to St. George infiltrate the town disguised as out-of-town kids, setting up a confrontation and, as is the case with YA books, a love triangle.
Natassia and Courtney are participating in Vampire Book Club’s February feature Character Love Letters 2013. Natassia has written a letter to Alex Verus from Benedict Jacka’s Fated and Courtney has her own letter to Khalil from Thea Harrison’s Elder Races series. I’ll be there on the 23th with my letter to Jonah from Chloe Neill’s Chicagoland Vampire series. There are quite a few love letters getting passed around over at Vampire Book Club, so if you haven’t already, make sure you go check it out.
Exciting news for Chloe Neill fans. We’ll be getting a Lindsey & Luc short story in December 2013 with Neill’s contribution to the Kicking It: These Bootes Were Made for Stalking, an anthology edited by the fabulous Faith Hunter and Kalayna Price. Also included in the anthology are Rachel Caine, Rob Thurman, Lucienne Diver, Christina Henry, and Shannon K. Butcher.
Bookish.com has the scoop on Andrea Cremer’s new novel, Snakeroot, which will fall in the post-Bloodrose timeline. While it’s unclear if this is a new spin-off of the Nightshade series or if it’s going to be a stand-alone companion novel, we may not know until closer to it’s December release date.
“Snakeroot focuses on Adne’s struggles to adjust to the post-Witches War world of the Searchers. She’s plagued by disturbing dreams and visions, all of which draw her to the gardens of Rowan Estate. The cover image perfectly depicts the way in which Adne has become entangled by her own turbulent emotions and an encroaching dark magic.”