Julie Kenner’s Tainted, the first novel in her Blood Lily Chronicles, is currently available for $.99.
- Caitriona Balfe, starring in Outlander – TV Guide (video)
- Eva Gordon, author of Raven Moon – Bitten by Books
- Katie Reus, author of Avenger’s Heat – Dark Faerie Tales
- Kerry Schafer, author of Wakeworld – Candace’s Book Blog
- Lia Davis, author of Carnal Secrets – The Book Pushers
- Molly Harper, author of How to Run with a Naked Werewolf – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Patrick Rothfuss, author of The Adventures of the Princess and Mr. Whiffle: The Dark of Deep Below – Suvudu
- Pierce Brown, author of Red Rising – Suvudu
- PJ Schnyder, author of Hunting Kat – Tynga’s Reviews
- Robin Hobb, author of Blood of Dragons – Reddit AMA
- Sam Heughan, starring in Outlander – TV Guide (video)
- Shawntelle Madison, author of Repossessed – All Things Urban Fantasy
- Sophie Jordan, author of Uninvited – Dark Faerie Tales
- Yasmine Galenorn, author of Crimson Veil – Life on the Fringe (Part One, Two)
There are always fabulous covers popping up and I simply can’t post them all, but today I think I’m going to focus on some upcoming movie posters. There’s been a few that have released recently and I want to change things up a bit. To see what book covers I have found, head over to facebook, where I’ve added them to the January album for your viewing pleasure. For the ones that did not catch my interest, but may catch yours, check out these fabulous cover reveals by some equally fantastic bloggers: Wicked Scribes, Amy K, Addicted to Heroines, Lurv a la Mode and Tez Says.
If you’ve been waiting for The Kraken King, the next novel in Meljean Brook’s Iron Seas series, the wait is almost over. The covers will be revealed soon, but the titles are already available for preorder on Amazon. Yes, I said titles. As in the fourth Iron Seas novel will be published first as a serialized ebook starting April 15th, with a new chapter coming each week for 8 weeks. The story as a whole will be released in August. Here are the 8 titles with their release dates:
- Apr 15th: The Kraken King and the Scribbling Spinster
- Apr 22nd: The Kraken King and the Abominable Worm
- Apr 29th: The Kraken King and the Fox’s Den
- May 6th: The Kraken King and the Inevitable Abduction
- May 13th: The Kraken King and the Iron Heart
- May 20th: The Kraken King and the Crumbling Walls
- May 27th: The Kraken King and the Empress’s Eyes
- Jun 3rd: The Kraken King and the Greatest Adventure
Starz has added more Jamie to the ending of the First Look trailer for Outlander! It’s not much, but we get more of a closeup and hear him speak to Claire. Excitement simmering….can’t wait for this spring (in more ways than one!).
Are you a fan of the game Cards Against Humanity? Do you like Jaye Well’s Sabina Kane and Prospero’s War series? If so, then you might want to check out this Cards Against Humanity booster set called “Jaye Wells Has No Humility“. It’s a free expansion for the game, provided under the Creative Commons BY-NC-SA 2.0 license.
Has anyone attended a BookTalk Nation chat yet? I’ve been looking at their schedule and they have quite a few authors I’m interested in participating and I’m curious about the experience. One aspect that I do like is that attached to each interview, viewers can purchase a copy of the authors new release from an indie bookstore and even get it signed. I’m signed up for the Chloe Neill chat on January 29th, so we’ll see how it goes. Some of the upcoming authors include: Andrea Cremem (Jan 28th), Rachel Caine (Feb 3rd), Kim Harrison & Jeaniene Frost (Feb 13th), and Laura Kaye (Feb 20th).
Speaking of Rachel Caine, Publishers Weekly announced that Caine will be releasing a new young adult fantasy trilogy called the Great Library that is set in an alternate reality. The first book is set to release mid-2015.
The Library of Alexandria (which housed one of the most significant manuscript collections of the ancient world and famously burned down) still exists. The library has become all-powerful, and, while there is unfettered access to information digitally, it is a crime to keep print books in any personal collection. Into this setup, Lucienne Diver said, comes “a boy from a family of black market book smugglers and a girl who watched her city die.” Diver described the series as “The Book Thief with Fahrenheit 451 by way of Harry Potter.” The first book in the Great Library series is planned for summer 2015.
Tor.com has a great roundup of upcoming YA Fantasy movies and books, including the Mockingjay Part One movie poster.
BBC One/Doctor Who has released the first picture of Peter Capaldi’s Doctor. Number 12 is going with a more classic, simply look, and while there’s nothing wrong with that, I’m not seeing anything that’s really catching my eye either. I think it’s going to depend a lot of Capaldi’s personality as the Doctor and how he uses his clothes in his interactions.
It’s a constant work in progress, but the Upcoming Releases page has been updated yet again and I wanted to share a few of the changes that were made. The majority of the updates are new preorder links, so while I’m only listing a few here, make sure you check the list for your favorite author. The only date change that I’ve noticed so far is Karen Marie Moning’s Burned, which Moning announced earlier today. The new date is tentatively scheduled for January 20, 2015, but that can still change by a week either way. I’m also going to say that Flayed is also being pushed back to late 2015, if not to 2016 entirely.
- 4/15/14: A Slither of Hope by Lisa Basso
- 8/26/14: The Iron Trial by Holly Blake and Cassandra Clare (Magisterium #1)
- 9/2/14: Mortal Gods by Kendare Blake
- 2/12/14: Hunter’s Heart by Erica Hayes
- 7/29/14: Damantion by Jean Johnson (Theirs Not To Reason Why #4)
- 9/16/14: Made for You by Melissa Marr
- 9/2/14: Heir of Fire by Sarah Maas
- 1/20/15: Burned by Karen Marie Moning
- 5/27/14: The Saint by Tiffany Reisz
- 4/8/14: Of Breakable Things by A. Lynden Rolland
- 9/30/14: The Queen of Zombie Hearts by Gena Showalter (The White Rabbit Chronicles)
- 3/5/14: Flesh Which Is Not Flsh by Jessica Verday
- 8/5/14: Unbinding by Eileen Wilks (World of the Lupi)
- 1/20/15: Burned by Karen Marie Moning
- 2015: Title TBA by Rachel Caine (The Great Library #1)
- 2015: Veiled Man’s Goddess by Amy McNulty