So this weeks Weekly Geeks challenge is to spotlight an author and give out some fun facts about them. Here are the details:
- Choose a writer you like.
- Using resources such as Wikipedia, the author’s website, whatever you can find, make a list of interesting facts about the author.
- Post your fun facts list in your blog, maybe with a photo of the writer, a collage of his or her books, whatever you want.
- Come sign the Mr Linky below with the url to your fun facts post.
- As you run into (or deliberately seek out) other Weekly Geeks’ lists, add links to your post for authors you like or authors you think your readers are interested in.
So I have to chose a writer I like? Have you seen the list of authors I like? Actually, it was a lot easier to decide since I just finished One Silent Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon, so I’m going to write about her. Here’s a couple of facts I found out about her via Wikipedia…
- Her website averages 120,000 visitors per week with visitors coming from over 40 countries.
- In addition to her 53 fiction works, Kenyon has also wrote 3 nonfiction titles – Character-Naming Sourcebook, Everyday Life in the Middle Ages, and Writer’s Complete Fantasy Reference.
- She graduated college with an interdisciplinary major combining medieval history and language with Classical Studies as well as minors in philosophy, psychology, and French.
- Kenyon has her Ph.D in History and has worked as a history professor.
- Kenyon is severely dyslexic.
- She is ambidextrous.
- She plays the guitar, flute, piano, and the drums.
- Is also known as Kinley MacGregor and between the two names has penned more than 8 different series.
- The rarest of her books is the e-novel Born of Fire (one of the first e-books ever published in the mid 1990’s and a launch book for Dreams-Unlimited) which commands well over $400.00 any time it appears at auction.