Laurell K Hamilton has announced the title to the 19th Anita Blake novel. Bullet will be out in June. Flirt, the surprise 18th Anita novel that wasn’t planned, will be out February 2, 2010. LKH also says that both novels will feature more of the zombie raising than the previous books have. So that is awesome news.
Orbit is showing off the new cover for Under Heaven by Guy Gavriel Kay.
Check out what I found over at SciFiGuy’s Weekend Report. It’s the cover for the Queen Victoria: Demon Hunter novel. I saw this awhile ago and I couldn’t believe it. There is also a Lincoln: Vampire Hunter out there as well. This new craze of history revamping is starting to get really weird.
Maria Snyder has posted the first chapter to her upcoming YA novel, Inside Out. In more excerpt goodness, Ann Aguirre has posted a snippet from Skin Tight, the second novel in her Skin series. Nalini Singh has also posted the first chapter of Archangels’ Kiss. Rachel Caine is giving us two doses of Morganville Vampires with her online short story, Grudge, which features Shane, plus she has posted a sample chapter from the next Morganville novel, Kiss of Death.
Larissa Ione has announced that she will be participating in a new antholgoy to be released in 2011. The only other author we know for sure attached to the project is Jacquelyn Frank, but with these two authors, it’s definitely going to be one to keep an eye out for.
The latest story at Fifty-Two Stories has been published. This time around we have The Menomonee Valley by John Koethe.
Wicked Little Pixie and Sidhe Vicious Reviews are looking for your favorite new authors and favorite YA novels of 2009. Head on over to Sidhe Vicious to put in your nominations and let’s see who wins. Although, that does remind me, the Weekly Geeks are doing their Top 10 Blogger Picks of 2009 again this year and will have the post up within the next two weeks (as soon as I right it and send it to them). So start thinking about those as well.
Jackie Kessler has announced the title for the second novel in her new YA series. Rage will follow Hunger and will be published in the spring of 2011. Hunger will be out sometime in the Fall 2010.
Check out what SciFiGuy and Dark Faerie Tales found. It’s the cover for Stacia Kane’s upcoming novel, Unholy Ghosts, which releases May 25th, 2010. Stacia also announced on twitter (or was it facebook) the release dates for the two follow up novels as well – Unholy Magic (June 22, 2010) and City of Ghosts (July 27, 2010). SciFiGuy has the blurbage, so head over and check it out.
Katiebabs has the info on Leanna Renee Hieber’s The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker, which happens to be the sequel to The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Percy Parker.
Check out what Sidhe Vicious Reviews gave to Literary Escapism! It’s the Heartfelt Award.
Do you reach for a cup of cocoa or tea when you’re relaxing, seeking comfort, sharing a plate of cookies with family and friends? You know the feeling you get when you drink a yummy cup of cocoa, tea, or a hot toddy ? That is what the Heartfelt Award is all about, feeling warm inside.
So I am suppose to name 9 blogs that make you feel comfy or warm inside. Let’s see, here they are (in no particular order): All Things Urban Fantasy, Bitten by Books, Darque Reviews, Grasping for the Wind, It’s Dark in the Dark, League of Reluctant Adults, ScifiChick, Stainless Steel Droppings and Suburban Vampire.
- Fantasy Literature is giving away a copy of Kelley Armstrong’s Frostbitten. Contest ends November 12th.
- There are a ton of give aways for copies of Diana Pharaoh Francis’s Bitter Night: Patricia’s Vampire Notes (Nov 24th); SciFiGuy – 2 copies (Nov 16th); Book Junkie (Nov 16th);
- Jocelynn Drake is giving away copies of Jackie Kessler’s Hell’s Belles and The Road to Hell. Contest ends November 14th.
- SciFiGuy is giving away copies of The Gathering Storm by Brandon Sanderson and Robert Jordan, Sasha by Joel Shepherd and The Dame by R.A. Salvatore. Contest ends Nov 16th.
Katie from Babbling about Books came across the movie poster for Alice in Wonderland and I have to say it looks amazing. Everything I’ve been seeing about this movie has just made me want it even more and I can’t wait for it to come out in March. Between Tim Burton, Helena Bonham Carter and Johnny Depp, I know this is going to be a fabulous ride.
- Melissa Marr, author of Fragile Eternity, answering questions on her blog
- Tony Mauro, cover artist for Archangel’s Kiss, by Nalini Singh
- Maria Snyder, author of Sea Glass, by the Bibliophilic Book Blog
- Judi Fennell, author of Wild Blue Under, at Anna’s Book Blog
- Jennifer Rardin, author of Bite Marks, at Enchanted by Books
- Stacy Voss, author of Thunder and Blood, by Bitten by Books
- Chloe Neill, author of Friday Night Bites, at Dark Faerie Tales
- Julie Kenner, author of Tainted, by SciFiChick
- Mindy Klasky, author of How Not to Make a Wish, by Bitten by Books
- Carole Nelson Douglas, author of Vampire Sunrise, at VampChix
- Kelley Armstrong, author of The Reckoning, by Conversations at Lands End
- Lili St. Crow, author of Betrayals, by the Book Butterfly
- Kelly Gay, author of The Better Part of Darkness, by the League of Reluctant Adults
- Bree Despain, author of The Dark Divine, by Dark Faerie Tales
- Beth Fantaskey, author of Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side, by Amberkatze Reviews
- Alexandra Ivy, author of Darkness Unleashed, at Tigris Eden
- Anne Aguirre, author of Doubleblind, at Fantasy Literature
- Aprilynne Pike, author of Wings, at The Author Hour
- Becca Fitzpatrick, author of Hush Hush, at Falcata Times
- Devon Monk, author of Magic in the Shadows, by Ilona Andrews
- Diana Pharaoh Francis, author of Bitter Night, at Bitten By Books
- Holly Black, author of Kin, at Tee Author Hour
- Jennifer Lyon, author of Soul Magic, by Angie Fox
- Jennifer Rardin, author of Bite Marks, at VampChix
- Kelly Gay, author of The Better Part of Darkness, at Dark Faerie Tales
- Kelly Meding, author of Three Days to Dead, at All Things Urban Fantasy
- Keri Arthur, author of Bound to Shadows, at Book Chick City
- Maggie Stiefvater, author of Shiver, at The Author Hour
- Mari Mancusi, author of Bad Blood, at The Story Siren
- Melisaa Marr, author of Fragile Eternity, at The Author Hour
- Nalini Singh, author of Blaze of Memory, at Rip My Bodice
- Nicole Peeler, author of Tempest Rising, at Ellz Reads, Suburban Vampire, Women Writers and Wicked Little Pixie.
- Richelle Mead, author of Vampire Academy series, at SciFiChick, The Book Smugglers, Patricia’s Vampire Notes, Bloody Bookaholic and My Guilty Pleasures