The Romantic Times Booklovers Convention is quickly coming up and the hubby gave me the green light to go for two days. I’m so excited! I’ll be attending the conference on Friday and Saturday and I would love to see everyone else who is going. I know Angela from Dark Faerie Tales and Rayna from Naughty Editions will be there, but who else?
With this in mind, I’ve dreamed up (literally) a feature that I’m hoping I’ll be able to run for the rest of the month. The “Look Who’s Going to RT” will showcase various authors (and bloggers!) who will be roaming the halls of the Columbus Hyatt. If you’re an author or blogger who would like to participate in this new feature, it’s a quick five questions that I’ll be using and they can be found here.
Chloe Neill unveiled the cover for the second Dark Elite novel, Hexbound, which is due out in January 2011.
- Leah Braemel, author of Personal Protection, by Vivi Andrews
- Lori Devoti, author of Amazon Queen, by All Things Urban Fantasy
- Melissa Marr, author of Radiant Shadows, by Millon Gossips
- Peter V. Brett, author of The Desert Spear, by Suvudu
- Jim Butcher, author of Changes, by Bitten by Books
- Shirley Damsgaard, author of The Seventh Witch, by Bitten by Books
- Teal Ceagh, author of Carson’s Night, at SciFi Guy
- MK Mancos, author of Scythe, by Michelle’s Book Blog
Jeaniene Frost will be interviewing her critique partner, Melissa Marr, tomorrow at 1pm at Romance Radio. If there’s something you ever wanted to know, you can call in with your questions during the interview at 347.826.9686 or via chat on Romance Radio.
The Science Fiction and Fantasy Associated tweeted some great news today.
Alpha Heroes is looking for review submissions for her stop of the Bookworms Carnival. Nicola will be featuring Arthurian Legends for her stop and will be accepting reviews or posts on the subject until May 7th.
Check out the cover SciFiGuy found for Gerry Bartlett’s Real Vampires Have More to Love. The Glory St. Clair series is fabulous and I can’t wait for this one to come out. I really need to get caught up with this series. Real Vampires Have More to Love comes out December 7, 2010
Oh good god….SciFi Wire is reporting that the latest book to get added to the “challenged books” list by the American Library Association is Stephenie Meyers Twilight saga. Why one might ask?
Meyer’s stories of vampires and teen romance have been criticized for sexual content; a library association official also thinks that the “Twilight” series reflects general unease about supernatural stories.
Seriously? Sexual content? What sexual content? I think Edward and Bella kiss once in each book and that’s it. Yeah, there’s the whole first love tension, but no content. Am I wrong?
GoodReads has a bunch of great contests going for some upcoming UF/PNR novels:
- Bound By Darkness by Annette McCleave (Soul Gatherer, #2) – ends April 15th
- Glimmerglass by Jenna Black (Gaeriewalker #1) – ends April 17th
- Hunted By The Others by Jess Haines (H&W Investigations, #1) – ends April 23rd
- The Darkly Luminous Fight for Persephone Parker by Leanna Renee Hieber (Strangely Beautiful, #2) – ends April 27th
- The Vampire’s Angel by Damian Serbu – ends April 30th
- Numbers by Rachel Ward (Numbers #1) – ends April 30th
- Dane by Elizabeth Amber (The Lords of Satyr, #5) – May 1st through May 15th
- Touching Darkness by Jaime Rush (Offspring #3) – May 1st through May 30th
- Northanger Alibi by Jenni James – ends June 1st
All Things Urban Fantasy has posted her amazing list of contests that are going on in the blogosphere.
Wicked Little Pixie is giving away a copy of Ardeur: 14 Writers on the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Series. Contest ends April 23rd.