The Romantic Times Booklovers Convention is quickly coming up and the hubby gave me the green light to go for a couple of days. I’m so excited! I’ll be attending the conference on Friday and Saturday and I would love to see everyone else who is going.
With this in mind, I’ve dreamed up (literally) a feature that I’m hoping everyone will enjoy. The “Look Who’s Going to RT” will showcase various authors (and bloggers!) who will be roaming the halls of the Columbus Hyatt. To kick us off, we have Rayna from Naughty Editions Reviews…..
Can you introduce yourself to my readers a little?
My name is Rayna and I run a book blog called Naughty Editions Reviews. We review erotic romance, paranormal romance and some Urban Fantasy.
Can you introduce us to the site that you have created?
I created NER after I got the review bug from Jackie and LE. So I have Jackie to thank for that little obsession. At NER we have a lot of give-a-ways, contests and author interviews. For example in June we are having a GLBT Pride week, showcasing authors that write outside of the normal box , i.e. ménage, m/m or f/f. Lots to giveaway then too. Though, we don’t read YA or adhere to a specific genre I try to be open minded if someone asks me to read something. We read a lot of eBooks and some print that way, you never know whom you’ll like next.
Will this be your first RT or are you a veteran? Any advice for those who are going for the first time?
This will be my third RT. I have been going to RT since Pittsburgh 2008, I love them. The advice I would give is plenty but I will narrow it down to a few must haves.
- Have comfortable shoes. You will be walking and talking all day.
- Bring return address label (.5 in x 1.75 in). It saves time when filling out the gift basket entries, or anything like that. I brought about a five sheets last year and had two left over each sheet of the size mentioned holds 80 labels. So yeah if you want to win stuff don’t stand and write it down peel a label, stick and walk to the next one. Your hand and back will thank you later.
- Don’t expect RT to feed you. Bring snacks with you and drink plenty of water.
- Don’t try to see and do everything. You will be rushing around not enjoying yourself.
- Yes there are loads of free books. Books you have to carry with you, so bring a backpack with wheels. NOT A SUITCASE a BACKPACK. Big difference when you are trying to fit yourself in to small spaces to see the authors.
- Chat with the unknown to you author. They may not be your stalkerina favorite but you never know if you’ll like their books. I met Mark Henry and Dakota Cassidy that way. I am a big fan of Michele Bardsley and MaryJanice Davidson and through them and my RT newbie shyness I found more people to pimp, I mean admire. LOL
- And lastly, HAVE FUN!!! You paid all that money to run around and gawk and your favorites makes some friends, go to parties and have some MOFO fun. (may be edited)
Are you speaking on any panels during RT? Are there any you are looking forward to?
Nope, I am not speaking on any panels but I am going to as many as I can with Renee Bernard and Dakota Cassidy, also I love LA Banks so maybe since I talk none stop they will give me the floor. LOL
If someone were wanting to meet up with you at RT, who should they look for?
I like to hang out at the bar or the food court. But mostly I will probably be as the bar sitting and relaxing. Or they can tweet or IM me. I am never without my phone. Plus since we are having a party there ourselves with anyone is invited to, I will have promo material in promo alley.
What is promo alley? Its where tables are set up and all promotional material from authors, publisher, booksellers, and bloggers are set up. It’s free to grab a few of everything. But its rude to take all the candy and hoard it. So please remember in your excitement to leave some for others.