First off, I have to apologize. I do not have any guest authors this week, which means no contests. However, the good news is I will have two fabulous ones coming up. I interviewed Vicki Pettersson and Keri Arthur while at RT and both of them will be going live next week. I’ll be giving away two copies of City of Souls on Tuesday and a copy of Moon Sworn on Thursday.
I’ll be announcing the winner for Touching Darkness by Jaime Rush Friday, so if you haven’t entered yet, you only have two days to do so. Also, Michele, you won a copy of Flesh Circus by Lilith Saintcrow via the Battle Royale. Please contact me by Friday otherwise I will draw a new winner.
Now, on with the news…Kerrelyn Sparks unveiled the cover for the next Immortals After Dark novel, Eat Prey Love, which is due out September 28, 2010.
- J. R. Ward, Skyler White, and Danielle Trussoni talking to Project Paranormal about Angels
- Keri Arthur, author of Moon Sworn, by Larissa’s Bookish Life
- Rosemary Clement-Moore, author of The Splendour Falls, by Book Chick City
- Gena Showalter, author of The Darkest Passion, by Bitten by Books
- Candace Havens, author of Charmed and Dangerous, by Bitten by Books
- Amber, the mind of from Amberkatze’s Book Blog, by Lana Griffin
- Michelle Rowen, author of The Demon in Me, at Enchanted by Books
- Julie Kagawa, author of The Iron King, by the Book Smugglers
- Raine Delight, author of Haunting Magic, at Rex Robot Reviews
- Sarah Rees Brennan, author of The Demon’s Lexicon and The Demon’s Covenant, by Angieville
- Timothy Lantz, cover artist for OSI (Jes Battis) and Delilah Street (Carole Nelson Douglas) series, by Dark Faerie Tales
- Michelle Rowen, author of The Demon in Me, at RT Book Reviews
- Karin Harlow, author of Enemy Lover, at All Things Urban Fantasy
- Jess Haines, author of Hunted by the Others, by Dark Faerie Tales
Jackie Kessler has begun the serialization of the fourth Hell on Earth novel, Hell to Pay. Starting yesterday, Jackie will be posting a chapter a week from the novel for free. I had a chance to talk with Jackie at RT and she said there are 33 chapters, so the serial will continue through the end of the year. For those who are not so crazy about serials, Jackie did mention that she has thoughts on offering the whole shebang after the final installment, but in what format hasn’t been decided yet.
Dark Faerie Tales has another fabulous report on the latest publishing news.
Have you ever wanted your very own exclusive Acheron coat? Now you can have it. Sherrilyn Kenyon is offering the full length leather coat worn during the 2008 Acheron tour and by different Acheron’s throughout the 2008-2009 year at K-Con, DragonCon, Comic Con and plus a few other events to the highest bidder via the Brenda Novak’s Online Auction to Benefit Diabetes Research.
Nalini Singh has announced the title to the third Guild Hunters novel. We’ll be having Archangel’s Consort sometime in 2011. Nalini had this to say about the story:
Talking of Archangel’s Consort, I turned it in on Friday. It continues Elena and Raphael’s story, and you find out a lot more about them both in the book. Elena’s friends from the Guild return, and a number of the Seven play strong roles – you get to discover more about a couple of them in particular.
Did everyone see the cover for the new anthology featuring Jeaniene Frost, Sharie Kohler and Shayla Black? Haunted by Your Touch is going to be out September 28th and sadly, that’s all the information I have about it right now.
Dark Faerie Tales is featuring more great authors will be attending the Book Expo of America. Check out who’s going: Simone Elkeles, Elizabeth Scott, Shannon Delany, Inara Scott, Beth Fantaskey and Holly Cupala.
Zombies vs Unicorns? Seriously? It seems like an odd mashup, but Dark Faerie Tales says this anthology, edited by Holly Black and Justine Larbalestier, will be hitting the shelves on September 21st. The collection include stories by Cassandra Clare, Libba Bray, Maureen Johnson, Meg Cabot, Scott Westerfeld, and Margo Lanagan.
All Things Urban Fantasy has her fabulous list of weekly giveaways.