The latest New Author Mini Challenge kicked off last week and there is still plenty of time to join in. For the month of June, we’re focusing on those first novels – the débutantes, the virgins, the first-timers. Those novels by authors who are just starting out in the publishing world, have branched out into a new genre or have taken the plunge into a new world/series. So go raid that TBR stack/shelf, you might find something that will work.
- Vicki Pettersson, author of Cheat the Grave, at the Supernatural Underground
- Rebecca, from Dirty Smexy Books, at Love Romance Passion
- Laurell K Hamilton, author of Bullet, by Book Allowance
- Juliet Blackwell, author of Cast-off Coven, by the Biting Edge
- Jocelynn Drake, author of Pray for Dawn, at the Supernatural Underground
- Nancy Gideon, author of Masked by Moonlight, at Dark Faerie Tales
- Michelle Rowen, author of The Demon in Me, at Tygna’s Reviews
- KS Augustin, author of In Enemy Hands, by Galaxy Express
- Laura Stamps, author of A Vampires Kiss, by Amberkatze Reviews
- Allyson James, author of Stormwalker, by All Things Urban Fantasy
- Elie, from Ellz Readz, at Leap Books
- Marcia Colette, author of Stripped, at Deadline Dames
- KT Grant, author of Lovestruck, by Mho Fho
- Aprilynne Pike, author of Spells, by All Things Urban Fantasy
- Shannon Delaney, author of 13 to Life, at Tynga’s Reviews
- Robin Owens, author of Heart Mate, at All Things Urban Fantasy
- Alyson Noel, author of Dark Flame, at Tynga’s Reviews
- MaryJanice Davidson, author of Undead and Unfinished, at Bitten by Books
Are you eagerly awaiting the fourth Casa Dracula novel, Haunted Honeymoon, by Marta Acosta? Do you need a Milagro fix? You’re in luck! Marta has just posted the first draft (aka Monster Motel) of the second novel, Midnight Brunch at Casa Dracula, and I guess there were a bunch of changes between that version and the published one.
Wicked Little Pixie has a fabulous list of June releases.
The Weekly Geeks are asking what is currently on everyone’s wishlist: Is your wishlist as big as your TBR pile? What books are topping your list? Are there any new releases that you are counting down the days for?
Subterreanean Press announced a new anthology titled Subterranean: Tales of Dark Fantasy Volume 2. The collection will include stories from Joe Hill, Kelley Armstrong, James P. Blaylock and Tim Powers, Steven R. Boyett, Glen Cook, Caitlin R. Kiernan, Jay Lake and Shannon Page, K. J. Parker and Norman Partridge. Tales of Dark Fantasy Volume 2 will be release in January 2011.
Did you see the announcement for the 3rd Annual Book Blogger Appreciation Week?
Bitten by Books has their new poll up and this time they want to know your feelings on audio books. Do you like them? Loathe them? Have you ever tried one?
Yasmine Galenorn is giving away a $10 Amazon giftcard. Contest ends tonight!