I’ll be announcing the winners for the Vicki Pettersson and Jenna Black/Stacey Jay contests after I get back from the Lori Foster Author/Reader Get Together, which is happening this weekend. Look for the post late Monday.
Hey, guess what! I’ll be at the Lori Foster Author/Reader Get Together this weekend. *grin* In fact, at the time of this post, I will be in the car doing a few last minute errands before heading down to Cincy. So if you’re going to be there, keep an eye out for me. I’ll have trading cards for anyone who wants one.
Tor.com has posted Jenna Black’s Nine-Tenths of the Law, from the anthology Chicks Kick Butt, which was just released.
- Amanda Alvarez, author of Hunting Human – LovLivLife Reviews
- Erin Kellison, author of Shadow Touch – Bitten by Books
- Jennifer Turner, author of Eternal Hearts – Bitten by Books
- Lexie George, author of Demon Hunting In Dixie – Cynthia Eden’s blog
- Nalini Singh, author of Kiss of Snow – B&N’s Heart to Heart
- Vicki Pettersson, author of The Neon Graveyard – Bitten by Books
Devon Monk announced the title for the eight Allie Beckstrom novel. We’ll be able to read Magic Without Mercy in April 2012.
Karen Mahoney is showing off a new cover for her second release, The Wood Queen. There really isn’t much of a difference, just a different model in the same pose. While I was checking that out, I noticed that she has also posted the title to the third Iron Witch novel. There isn’t a release date, description or anything, but we do know that the third title will be The Stone Demon. This could be a tentative title since nothing else is given away, so don’t be surprised if it changes.
Here are only two of many fabulous covers that have been popping up. For all the new covers, I’ve added them to the FB album for your viewing pleasure.
Fabulous news for fans of Vicki Pettersson. The Zodiac series has officially ended with the release of The Neon Graveyard, but never fear, we will have more from the wonderful Pettersson. The first novel in her new series, Celestial Blues, will be released in 2012. Here’s what we know so far:
Celestial Blues is a dark fantasy trilogy featuring a whole new world and cast of characters. Unlike my lone UF heroine, Joanna Archer, Celestial Blues features a partnership between a supernatural private eye and a rockabilly reporter with a real nose for trouble. Despite the narrative shift, rest assured that the dark worldbuilding, the noir Vegas setting, and the imaginary hairpin turns are all still firmly in place.
Patricia’s Vampire Notes is reminding us of all the fabulous novels that came out in May.
All Things Urban Fantasy and Dark Faerie Tales are putting together a fabulous event titled Deadly Destinations: Your Guide to Killer Hot Spots. The event will run from July 1, 2011 to July 31, 2011 and will feature over 60 authors taking readers on a tour of some very hot vacation spots around the supernatural world.
While I’m not a huge comic book fan, I understand the draw of being able to say I have a first edition of X-men Evolution. However, I’m not really understanding what DC Comics is planning on doing this summer. According to Blastr, they will be rebooting their entire lineup.
Beginning on Aug. 31, every major DC comic will be going back to issue #1. Major characters’ costumes will be altered, their backstories changed and the entire DC universe will never be the same.
Although, I’m wondering if the reason behind this is because DC will be losing the rights to the Superman costume in 2013.
io9 is taking a look at the history of the mad scientist with their new series Alchemists, Astronomers, and Wild Men: A History of the Mad Scientist. But io9 isn’t stopping there. They have also compiled a list of Ten Fantasy Sagas That Are Wronger Than Twilight and you might find a favorite novel on the list. Rest assured, Narcissus in Chains by Laurell K Hamilton did make the list, but so did Larissa Ione’s Pleasure Unbound and Anne Bishop’s Black Jewels Trilogy.
Authors After Dark has made live the blogger application for the 2012 event in New Orleans. There are only 20 bloggers spots available (but I’m assuming if you don’t get one of those, you can still go as a reader), and those who are chosen will be notified prior to the opening of registration in September.
GoodReads is giving away a few novels:
- Wild Cards 1 (Wild Cards #1) by George R.R. Martin – 10 copies (Ends 6/13)
- Inside Straight (Wild Cards #18) by George R.R. Martin – 10 copies (Ends 6/13)
- Busted Flush (Wild Cards Novel Series) by George R.R. Martin – 10 copies (Ends 6/13)
- Suicide Kings (Wild Cards #20) by George R.R. Martin – 10 copies (Ends 6/13)
- Blood Trust by Eric Van Lustbader – 10 copies (Ends 6/03)
- Kitty’s Greatest Hits by Carrie Vaughn – 23 copies (Ends 6/10)
- Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers – 23 copies (Ends 6/10)
- Abyss by David Hagberg – 20 copies (Ends 6/10)
- Dry Ice by Bill Evans and Marianna Jameson – 48 copies (Ends 6/13)
- Warriors 1 edited by George R. R. Martin – 10 copies (Ends 6/13)
- Warriors 2 edited by George R. R. Martin – 10 copies (Ends 6/13)
- Bye Bye, Baby by Max Allan Collins – 20 copies (Ends 6/13)
- Awakenings by Edward Lazellari – 5 copies (Ends 7/13)
All Things Urban Fantasy is giving away two copies of Catherine Fisher’s The Dark City (Ends 6/10).
Jackie, thanks for always keeping up with my news – I appreciate it! :)
Yeah, as far as I know Book 3 (the final book) will be THE STONE DEMON, though you’re right that these things are always subject to change nearer the time.
Also: Thanks for passing on that link to the Mad Scientist article(s) at io9. That’s right up my street!